Adam Johnson: Joining Manchester City is bad for your career

davealvers said:
Can anyone think of a player that Mancini has got rid of that has gone on to prove him wrong?

I don't mean a player like NDJ who clearly wasn't 'forced' out by Mancini - but a player he simply didn't want playing for his team and so got rid of. A few for starters..

Ireland - what's he done?
Given - bench.
Adebayor - Hardly brilliant
Johnson - disaster

savic is having a better time of it in italy apparently, and boateng is a regular for bayern isn't he? good decision to get rid of them both, mind

mansour's tow ropes said:
davealvers said:
Can anyone think of a player that Mancini has got rid of that has gone on to prove him wrong?

I don't mean a player like NDJ who clearly wasn't 'forced' out by Mancini - but a player he simply didn't want playing for his team and so got rid of. A few for starters..

Given - bench.
Johnson - disaster

savic is having a better time of it in italy apparently, and boateng is a regular for bayern isn't he? good decision to get rid of them both, mind
Boateng seemed to "want away" to go to Bayern. I always thought Mancini thought well of Savic, but his confidence in the PL arena seemed to have gone. Nastasic has been an improvement.

good bit of business letting him go. Haven't seen much of Sunderland this year but I did watch the QPR match yesterday. He was dreadful, makes Downing look good by comparison.

He has been getting he assists recently when they score, 3 in 2 games.

Hard to judge his replacement when he is no where near the field.

davealvers said:

Given - bench.
Johnson - disaster

Yeah Fiorentina are playing really well, especially at home. 3rd in the league with the 3rd best defensive record.

Savic has only played 6 games, winning 5 and drawing 1, conceding 4 in a 3-4-3 formation.

Boateng is apparently susceptible to a concentration lapse in every game he plays according to Raphael Honigstein.

LHarper said:
davealvers said:

Given - bench.
Johnson - disaster

Yeah Fiorentina are playing really well, especially at home. 3rd in the league with the 3rd best defensive record.

Savic has only played 6 games, winning 5 and drawing 1, conceding 4 in a 3-4-3 formation.

Boateng is apparently susceptible to a concentration lapse in every game he plays according to Raphael Honigstein.

No they don't they have the two full backs(forget their names) then they have Pizzaro, Valero and either Aqualani or Fernandes then they have Ljajic just off Jovetic.

David Pizarro doin really well for Fiorentina outshone Pirlo when they won the Juve game. he would have been a decent option for us to keep.

I wonder how long it will be before AJ is releasing a statement saying something along the lines of..
"To get the best out of me I need to be surrounded by World class players. I feel I'm at my best when I come off the bench, I see myself more as an impact player. I feel I'm strongest when I'm running at tired players."

Kun Aguero said:
LHarper said:

No they don't they have the two full backs(forget their names) then they have Pizzaro, Valero and either Aqualani or Fernandes then they have Ljajic just off Jovetic.

From what I've seen and what I've read they play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 with Pasqual and Cuadrado as the wing backs.

Savic, Rodriguez and Roncaglia as the centre backs.

Plain Speaking said:
davealvers said:

Given - bench.
Johnson - disaster

Boateng seemed to "want away" to go to Bayern. I always thought Mancini thought well of Savic, but his confidence in the PL arena seemed to have gone.
Nastasic has been an improvement

That's an understatement!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.