Adam Johnson: Joining Manchester City is bad for your career

Not knocking Sinclair as I think its unfair to knock him as he hasnt had his opportunities, but im fairly certain that we would be a better off if we kept johnno.

mancini doesnt trust sinclair yet, but he always brought on johnno and he sometimes changed games.

I know Johnno hasnt stepped up at Sunderland, but wearing a city shirt he wasnt as bad as people on here make out...a handy player

" Joining Man City is bad for your carreer".

So is drinking,partying and doing illicite stuff.

forevermancity said:
Not knocking Sinclair as I think its unfair to knock him as he hasnt had his opportunities, but im fairly certain that we would be a better off if we kept johnno.

mancini doesnt trust sinclair yet, but he always brought on johnno and he sometimes changed games.

I know Johnno hasnt stepped up at Sunderland, but wearing a city shirt he wasnt as bad as people on here make out...a handy player

Without doubt he's been a big miss.

He wasn't consistent and seemed to always blow his chances of a run in the team, but he was dangerous. A great asset against defensive teams, particularly later in games, because of the way he went at people with those tight feet. I wish he'd have stayed, not to play 45 games, but to be an option in those tight matches.

To be fair I suspect at his age he wanted regular football and his England place.

Didsbury Dave said:
forevermancity said:

He wasn't consistent and seemed to always blow his chances of a run in the team, but he was dangerous. A great asset against defensive teams, particularly later in games, because of the way he went at people with those tight feet. I wish he'd have stayed, not to play 45 games, but to be an option in those tight matches.

To be fair I suspect at his age he wanted regular football and his England place.

He has now got regular starts and no international football.
Good luck to him,he wants to be a big fish in a small pond but that isn't going too well yet either.Maybe he will end up like David Bentley.

Didsbury Dave said:
forevermancity said:

good luck with that then...

I think I'd like to give AJ another season before writing him off.

It seems clear from both evidence and performances that he got a bit comfortable, put on some weight, lost some speed, or something to that effect that lowered his performance level, but he likely blamed it more on the manager and bad luck.

Now he's had his dose of reality, got his move to Sunderland and hasn't made the most of it. He might realize some of his professional responsibilities and put in the work in the offseason to really return to some of his best.

If you think about it, going from the Championship to being such an impact Prem player was such a meteoric rise for him, it wouldn't be a shock if he lost some of that hunger that had driven him previously. What I'm struck by, watching him today and over the last season, is how much quickness he lost. He wasn't just a tricky player when he arrived to us, he was an extremely quick tricky player. Mancini tried to make more of a footballer out of him and in many ways AJ rejected it, but in the process he became so much more deliberate and without quickness (he has never really been pact) that he's become much more predictable. A good summer of slimming and focus might allow him to regain that little bit of quickness that is often the difference between a move succeeding and failing.

Same as Mario really,his attitude didn't allow him to progress with us ,so he also had to go.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:37 pm --<br /><br />Same as Mario really,his attitude didn't allow him to progress with us ,so he also had to go.

Didsbury Dave said:
forevermancity said:

Aye, but until we had a decent replacement we should have told him he was staying

teddykgb said:
I think I'd like to give AJ another season before writing him off.

It seems clear from both evidence and performances that he got a bit comfortable, put on some weight, lost some speed, or something to that effect that lowered his performance level, but he likely blamed it more on the manager and bad luck.

Now he's had his dose of reality, got his move to Sunderland and hasn't made the most of it. He might realize some of his professional responsibilities and put in the work in the offseason to really return to some of his best.

If you think about it, going from the Championship to being such an impact Prem player was such a meteoric rise for him, it wouldn't be a shock if he lost some of that hunger that had driven him previously. What I'm struck by, watching him today and over the last season, is how much quickness he lost. He wasn't just a tricky player when he arrived to us, he was an extremely quick tricky player. Mancini tried to make more of a footballer out of him and in many ways AJ rejected it, but in the process he became so much more deliberate and without quickness (he has never really been pact) that he's become much more predictable. A good summer of slimming and focus might allow him to regain that little bit of quickness that is often the difference between a move succeeding and failing.
He never had any pace at all mate. Quick feet but no genuine pace.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.