Adam Johnson - Needs to be given.....

MaineDAWG2008

.... time to develop more. If i was RM or FC I would give him a more free role up front behind the striker. It's not just today but general, I have noticed he seems to drive at players at wings rather than in the middle. It would be interesting to see him play as more of a attacking midfielder in the middle as well as running down the wings. It just seems he is being used as a plain out n out winger and nothing more. Why not push him in the middle. Transform him into a playmaker. Has the ability for sure!

I seriously think he can become a messi type player. It is there in the making. Before you say there is only one Messi, and one Maradona, etc etc. Ya I know that. But if he really puts his head down and believe in his ability, he can take the ball past a whole defence like a number 10 player, provide the missing link between midfield and up front. Obviously this development will take time. But look at his attributes: has the ball control, movement, skill and pace.

Maybe abit of a confidence boost and some coaching too, to help him become this type of player! Do whatever it takes, send him to south america for a few months and get one to coach him with tje attributes of a number 10.

MaineDAWG2008 said:
.... time to develop more. If i was RM or FC I would give him a more free role up front behind the striker. It's not just today but general, I have noticed he seems to drive at players at wings rather than in the middle. It would be interesting to see him play as more of a attacking midfielder in the middle as well as running down the wings. It just seems he is being used as a plain out n out winger and nothing more. Why not push him in the middle. Transform him into a playmaker. Has the ability for sure!

I seriously think he can become a messi type player. It is there in the making. Before you say there is only one Messi, and one Maradona, etc etc. Ya I know that. But if he really puts his head down and believe in his ability, he can take the ball past a whole defence like a number 10 player, provide the missing link between midfield and up front. Obviously this development will take time. But look at his attributes: has the ball control, movement, skill and pace.

Maybe abit of a confidence boost and some coaching too, to help him become this type of player! Do whatever it takes, send him to south america for a few months and get one to coach him with tje attributes of a number 10.

Imagine if he had the pace of nani he would be unstoppable, imo thats why he tends to cut in a lot of the time cos he struggles beating his man on the outside due to slight lack of pace.

MaineDAWG2008 said:

I agree with you, for me he was the only England player who played well tonight and he should start against Blackpool on Sunday.
It's an interesting idea, maybe having him play just behind the striker and he certainly has the ability to do the role.

The Media is starting to put a bit more unwanted pressure on the lad already.

I think tonight's game showed that Johnson is best used as an impact sub at the present time , after he develops some more , he can start regularly

squirtyflower said:
DavidMCFC said:
you could drop barry put milner in the center and play both silva and johnson.
i couldn't

barry has been awful, he can't pass a ball 10 yards and he was terrible again tonight, i am not saying he is a bad player but he hasn't had a good season so far IMO

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.