Adam Johnson on the left?

I'm personally in the Pro AJ camp, I think he did well last night and contributed a lot to the game. Also I thought the fact he seemed to pass more than take people on helped the team and showed he's got more to his game.

Still, I don't expect him to start every match but against the lower teams I think he should as he's certainly good enough for it. 'Bigger' matches he's more of a impact sub.

Side note: Does anyone else feel like he's becoming/acting more of an all round left midfielder than a winger lately? Maybe it's just me.

salfordtrueblue said:
I actually thought he had quiet game last night.

So did i .....

wasn't all that impressed with him to be honest , overall he appearedo run into too many 'blind alleys' ........

he didn't look all that happy when he was taken off , but it my view he could hardly complain ..... he HAS to make more impact on games , or others will get in the side before him.

Hello. I'm a new member, Bosnian living in Denmark (guess what player made me join). Other than Edin needing to be among the first 11 regularly, the first thing that came to my mind is the fact that Adam Johnson needs to be there too. He is a phenomenal player. It took me a while to dig up this thread and I am surprised that not more City fans are outraged by the fact that a player of Adam's class is left out of the first 11.

The issue is mate, who do you replace? Kun, Samir or Silva? Johnson will fit in along the way but as our midfield goes the players must interchange. If Johnson can adapt then he will be quite fine.

DzekOasis said:
Hello. I'm a new member, Bosnian living in Denmark (guess what player made me join). Other than Edin needing to be among the first 11 regularly, the first thing that came to my mind is the fact that Adam Johnson needs to be there too. He is a phenomenal player. It took me a while to dig up this thread and I am surprised that not more City fans are outraged by the fact that a player of Adam's class is left out of the first 11.

I think it's the fact of staying consistent. His flair and dribbling is pure talent but he can be invisible for large periods of the game. Hopefully that will change with this new competition.

DzekOasis said:

Hi Adam,

The problem is that you aren't as good as Silva or Nasri.

Keep training hard and don't believe your hype so much and you'll get you chance.

Cheers

SWP's Back

No way AJ should play on the left. Out and out wingers are too easy to defend against. Look at Bale. Excellent player but his job description is encumbering. Use speed or skill to cross on the byline. That's basically it. Had he been coerced to be an inverted winger like AJ, he'd have a much more prolific career.

The thing is, despite being very skillful, his best bits of play involve trying to beat his man. Which half of the time is successful and creates a goal scoring opportunity and half the time the defender gets the ball and can play out of the back. Now the way Nasri and Silva play, they only tend to play simple balls. Which can sometimes create goal scoring opportunities less often, but also are lost to defenders less often also. And even if they are, we can get it back quite quickly as the ball can bounce off the defenders. This gives us more possesion and puts their defence under more pressure and our defenders under less. Johnson willl be good to bring on if we are having trouble breaking defences down.

Needs to stop going out in wilmslow giving it the biggun. Once he loses the Charlie act, I'm sure he will be a great player for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.