Adam Johnson - Potentially how good?

he could be one of the best. not got lennon or walcotts bullet pace but he has guile and skill which in the next few years will seperate him from the pace merchants. plus, with said pace merchants, they hit 30, and their legs start to fuck up ala bellamy and by the time they are 32-34 they wont have much to offer. i think aj could be giggs esque and still be doing a cracking job by the time hes hitting 37-38

C1TY4LIFE said:
the Ryan Giggs we should of kept 20 years ago, thats how potentially good he can be

not a lot we could of done with taggart stumbling round to his house after a session on the whisky on his birthday to offer him a contract

supercity36 said:
C1TY4LIFE said:
the Ryan Giggs we should of kept 20 years ago, thats how potentially good he can be

not a lot we could of done with taggart stumbling round to his house after a session on the whisky on his birthday to offer him a contract

well Karma works in strange was even if it does take around 2 decades :o)

Pele would have said to A.johnson,hey u so great and excellent as a player but ur team has to win games to earn recognition from Uefa.there's difference in a good player and a great player which we all know adam is great player without no doubt in my mind to hail him at all,i have seen him play and everything about him is special.more different than any England wings players,he's really different from players like G.best and others who plays as wingers for England.i believe in his abilities to become a world class player more effect than CRonaldo in my view.

ono said:
Brwned said:
Yeah that's over the top. He has good technique, good awareness, good crossing ability, good turn of pace, good work-rate, good head on his shoulders, and he's direct and commits people. He has an awful lot going for him, but to compare him to Giggs is silly at this stage.

Giggs has been consistently brilliant for 15 + years. Johnson has had a top quality 2010. Despite them being both left footed wingers, i think they are quite different anyway. I'm not saying Johnson can't go on and have similar success to Giggs, but at his age, Giggs had already been doing the business for 5 or so years in the Premier League, and Giggs is probably a more complete footballer, who has adjusted well at a time where he is no longer as quick as he once was. Johnson will need to be able to make that adjustment at some stage later in his career, if he is to ever get anywhere near Gigg's level i'm afraid. That's why it's far too early to tell.

The reason he gets compared to Giggs is because they are both similar builds, both very left footed and have brilliant footballing brains.

Its a bold statement to make at this point but if you was to compare him to one player it would have to be giggs

Great buy and I think he will become a crowd favourite for many years. He seems to get better and better with each game - if he can keep working hard he could become one of the best players in the Prem. Could be worth a punt today for 1st goal.

he's a great player but is he becoming selfish in is play as a team player?,yesterday's matched shows how weak he can be when he plays like that as selfish as anyone can be.i hate to say all this but is the fact.he should sent Tevez scoring but he choose to score himself which im beginning wander why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.