Adam Johnson to dippers

Cityfan said:
M.C.F.C.O.K said:
I would say he is worth around £12-15M, but as Henderson was 20M then maybe not. If an offer came in of around £20M i would sell, and offer that money for Nasri, personally.
Nasri is a great player who I would have like a shot but I doubt Arsenal would sell him to us and the cost would no way be equivalent for the two players even if the transfer fee was similar because Nasri would I imagine want a far higher salary than AJ currently commands

Depends what the end product is. If he leads us to the title say then in relative terms the extra salary is worth it. Problem is we can't know for sure he would actually bring more to the table than Johnson until we actually test the theory for real :o).

CityPar said:
Depends what the end product is. If he leads us to the title say then in relative terms the extra salary is worth it. Problem is we can't know for sure he would actually bring more to the table than Johnson until we actually test the theory for real :o).

The extra money may well be worth it and I think Nasri is a better player than AJ but it is not the same amount of money which was the point I was trying to make and personally I don't think they are really equivalent players in terms of position as AJ is at his best out wide whereas Nasri is better being narrow in a similar roleto Silva.
Would love to have Nasri at the club but I would not really see him as an AJ replacement.

Cityfan said:
CityPar said:

The extra money may well be worth it and I think Nasri is a better player than AJ but it is not the same amount of money which was the point I was trying to make and personally I don't think they are really equivalent players in terms of position as AJ is at his best out wide whereas Nasri is better being narrow in a similar roleto Silva.
Would love to have Nasri at the club but I would not really see him as an AJ replacement.

Swap AJ for Nasri, problem solved. Nasri in the middle Silva on the left and Sanchez on the right.

Matt Diablo said:
de niro said:
Dax777 said:
I think that is part of the reasoning behind trying to get Sanchez.

But regardless, it is a fallacy that dribbling is a more effective means of breaking down teams that park the bus. Dribblers just end up dribbling themselves into a quagmire. As has been done often by AJ, rahther, intelligence, vision, passing ability, and movement off the ball are the true keys to breaking down teams who park the bus.

Unfortunately, we have a drastic shortage of players with such qualities. Silva! That is pretty much it on oue squad. And that is why we struggle. Not because we don't have dribblers.

agreed, i'd rather go for pastore if the money gets up to the 35m mark for sanchez.

completely different players Bill

yeh but it's a player we need more than a fancy winger.

Matty said:
If Jordan Henderson cost Liverpool £20m then how much should Adam Johnson cost them? You'd be looking at £25m surely? Can't see them offering that kind of money.

Why not £35mill for Carol!

Mad 4 It said:
Matty said:
If Jordan Henderson cost Liverpool £20m then how much should Adam Johnson cost them? You'd be looking at £25m surely? Can't see them offering that kind of money.

Why not £35mill for Carol!

Strikers always cost more.

Plus Liverpool had £50m from Torres so they could afford £35m for Carroll (plus whatever Suarez cost them).

squirtyflower said:
rumours of a bid surface several weeks ago

AJ has to be worth more than henderson
he's an England player in a top 4 team therefore he has to be worth more than a no mark from the north east who's had a less than average season
Johnson is better than Henderson, but neither are particularly great players. If them two are playing for Liverpool I can see us having far better players than them. Wouldn't bother me too much to be honest.

I'd prefer to keep AJ no matter who we sign.

After seeing Dzeko struggle to adapt then it's a safe bet. I can't see him being sold unless silly money is involved.

Matty said:

Watched Henderson in the under 21s last night, I cannot believe the dippers paid £20mill for him. He is average at best and as for Rodwell another no show (not worth more than 8mill). Jones looked good though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.