Adam Johnson

Pigeonho said:
Top post about a top player. IMO he is more important than any signing we've made, including Tevez. Tevez may, and I hate to be a doom merchant, go to pastures bigger in time, but Johnson is the futire of this club. The perfect player, the perfect attitude and with help from, ('tanzerote'), the perfect skin tone./ ;-)!
you are mad
where is bigger?
Tevez has been awesome since November and now the rest are catching him up

He does have a bit of the Bryan Riggs... but his transition from Championship player to an integral playmaker of a side in 4th spot is quite frankly astounding.

squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
Top post about a top player. IMO he is more important than any signing we've made, including Tevez. Tevez may, and I hate to be a doom merchant, go to pastures bigger in time, but Johnson is the futire of this club. The perfect player, the perfect attitude and with help from, ('tanzerote'), the perfect skin tone./ ;-)!
you are mad
where is bigger?
Tevez has been awesome since November and now the rest are catching him up

Not saying he will, just saying its always going to be a possibility. Not in this country though, i'm talking about a Barca, Madrid etc. Unless we win things, we'll always be at risk of losing our top players to the big-wigs.

I'd like to see him play inside a bit more instead of being stuck out on the wing

Wingers are dead at the highest level of football. Barca play with width, but they interchange all the time. They never leave a player isolated from the game stuck out on the wing instead their forwards interchange all the time, and their full-backs bomb on like the old Brazilian pair of Roberto Carlos and Cafu.

Marvin said:
I'd like to see him play inside a bit more instead of being stuck out on the wing

Wingers are dead at the highest level of football. Barca play with width, but they interchange all the time. They never leave a player isolated from the game stuck out on the wing instead their forwards interchange all the time, and their full-backs bomb on like the old Brazilian pair of Roberto Carlos and Cafu.

Johnson does move inside quite a bit, though - that is why he plays on the right (and Bellers on the left), so that they can cut inside and play one-twos or shoot. The benefit of both those players is that they are also happy to use their weaker foot so going down the line remains an option. It is a huge strength to have wingers that are confident on either foot.

Freestyler said:
He's a proper out and out winger and reminds me of (*tin hat applied*) ryan giggs.

What i love about jonno is, he ALWAYS wants to try and beat the defender, you just know when he recieves the ball he's gonna try and skin him, he rarely if ever passes it back or runs into a dead end,

his confidence on the ball looks really good and he believes he can always beat his man, a very positive approach play from the lad.

with him having the ability to use both feet the defender sometimes hasn't a clue what he's gonna do, he's clearly more left footed but having the facility to use both feet makes him better,

imo today was his best game in a city shirt, absolutely superb.

great post, i really like the lad.

johnson is realy looking the part and i think he has got a great future but since that goal against sunderland i see him taking a wasted shot hear and there when if he looks for the pass theres a good chance for a goal but hey for a young player thats not much critism at all keep it up.

Incredible pace and concentration coming up from the championship.
I agree with the OP going to be here for a long time and could possibly be the face of city in years to come.

Johnson was immense again today. His transition from the Championship to Premier League has been seemless. He terrorises defences, they haven't a clue how to handle him. Push him outside and he'll whip a cross in, push him inside and he's on to his shooting foot. The guy will be a major players for us in years to come

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.