Adam Johnson

Impact player, always has been since the day he signed.

Glad he got subbed, he was fucking dire again.

when he has the ball he loves it, when he doesn't he can't be arsed sticking his foot in or actually remotely trying to get involved in the game itself.

Keeps it up and he'll be warming the bench and Sanchez won't be moved that easy.

a quality player all round, but getting far too big for his boots at a young age.

I thought he had a decent game in the semi final to be fair,had an off game tonight hope its out of his system before the final.

Freestyler said:

when he has the ball he loves it, when he doesn't he can't be arsed sticking his foot in or actually remotely trying to get involved in the game itself.Keeps it up and he'll be warming the bench and Sanchez won't be moved that easy.

a quality player all round, but getting far too big for his boots at a young age.

The bit i have bolded i find abit harsh Danny! He tracked back well tonight. I agree he doesn't know how to tackle but he does do his fair share of tracking back to get bodies behind the ball

When he starts the game - very average if that, often awful.

When he comes of the bench - ALWAYS the best player on the pitch

I laugh when people try to say that Adam Johnson is the best winger in the world, or better yet that he is better than Ashley Young.

Valencia, nani, Young, giggs, Di maria, A. Sanchez.... and so on are all better.

BibbyBlue85 said:
Freestyler said:

when he has the ball he loves it, when he doesn't he can't be arsed sticking his foot in or actually remotely trying to get involved in the game itself.Keeps it up and he'll be warming the bench and Sanchez won't be moved that easy.

The bit i have bolded i find abit harsh Danny! He tracked back well tonight. I agree he doesn't know how to tackle but he does do his fair share of tracking back to get bodies behind the ball

It is too harsh, but there is a real problem, and it's not the tracking back. 'Closing down' for a winger or forward is simple, when the opponent has the ball in their half, stand in the way of the simple passes, reduce their options. Normally they're coached on a team-by-team basis, which particular options they should concentrate on cutting out. It needn't involve a lot of running about, they've just got to be alert and know what they are doing. I don't know what AJ was trying to achieve tonight in that regard, but it wasn't working, when Tottenham players in his area had the ball, he was stood in useless positions time after time. I don't think it's laziness, I think he either lacks a bit of focus or is struggling to keep up.

Chick Counterfly said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

It is too harsh, but there is a real problem, and it's not the tracking back. 'Closing down' for a winger or forward is simple, when the opponent has the ball in their half, stand in the way of the simple passes, reduce their options. Normally they're coached on a team-by-team basis, which particular options they should concentrate on cutting out. It needn't involve a lot of running about, they've just got to be alert and know what they are doing. I don't know what AJ was trying to achieve tonight in that regard, but it wasn't working, when Tottenham players in his area had the ball, he was stood in useless positions time after time. I don't think it's laziness, I think he either lacks a bit of focus or is struggling to keep up.

maybe it was a bit OTT, i didn't mean it in a way where he's 30 yards back stood around doing nothing.

in a way i meant basically what the above post says.

I just think sometimes he needs to get involved more and look around him.

ghost305 said:
I laugh when people try to say that Adam Johnson is the best winger in the world, or better yet that he is better than Ashley Young.

Valencia, nani, Young, giggs, Di maria, A. Sanchez.... and so on are all better.

South Americans better than English winger shocker :O

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.