Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveCity said:
I predict that in a few years we'll be happy with the fee we get for Johnson. For me he is the winger version of Stephen Ireland, plenty of talent and little application, will never get close to his potential. Remember, Ireland was going to be liberated when he left City and we got the raw end of the Milner deal... according to the bitter rags and all.
I remember the Summer when Ireland spent the whole Summer martial arts training and he was lauded as an example for every City player. Next season his form dipped and fans said he was over training.

Very surprised he was willing to take a step down to Sunderland - no offence intended to Sunderland. That's telling in of itself

Blue_Rossy said:
wish him luck if he goes, I dont understand why peeps are saying fk off!!! Hes a good lad played for us and may move on. Why the hostility very RAWK'ish

Because nothing pisses people off more than a player with all the talent in the world who can't be arsed.

cleavers said:
Ragnarok said:
I doubt if its exactly what Bobby wants. For example, he wanted DDR but got Rodwell. I have feeling that we are settling for 2nd or 3rd choices.
He wanted DDR and got Rodwell ? You really believe that ? Personally I think he wanted Rodwell, and got Rodwell, I'm judging it on the fact that after less than a week at the club he was selected ahead of other players who might have expected to play, one of whom played very well the previous week.

AJ is likely to go because he has consistently not shown enough application to play at the level City play at. When he starts he's usually anonymous, when he's brought on, he usually has a run and a shot right away, and then fades into the background, and he almost always puts the fullback behind him under pressure, unfortunately not the one he should be attacking.

Of course its all about personal opinions, unless you are itk. My opinion is that Mancini started him to test him out in what he assumed was going to be a "low intensity" match. I dont see him starting more than 20 matches this season.

Marvin said:
Very surprised he was willing to take a step down to Sunderland - no offence intended to Sunderland. That's telling in of itself

Yep,speaks volumes about his character,ambition,attitude and strength - a waste of talent.

Sinclair will prove a far better option.

the way Sunderland plays under O'Neill, Johnson will have to work very hard defensively, probably defending in just one game more than he has ever did in his entire City career... Johnno won't like it

Rammy Blue said:
LoveCity said:
Sky's Ian Dovaston says done deal, news soon...

I think we'll get news of Sinclair signing either this evening or tomorrow.

I think we'll get news of Sinclair on Monday. Now AJ has gone and Swansea have signed Ki I think it'll be done quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.