Adam Lallana

I would have thought their defense would have been the priority,plus a holding midfielder to protect that fragile defense.

whipper said:
I would have thought their defense would have been the priority,plus a holding midfielder to protect that fragile defense.

There are cheaper and better alternatives abroad plus their Academy can cover for losses.

Question is, will the scouse candle lighting woe is us mofo's win the PL next season because of this signing..?? Will they fuck, they will be looking up at the Blue Moon, just like all the rest.. !!

Uncle Clockwise said:
chris85mcfc said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
I don't think they have it's just people on here. Correct me if I'm wrong ?

That's what I was alluding to. I think its even worse that City fans are even mentioning Silva and Lallana in the same sentence.

I don't see what's so outlandish. Silva is clearly an exceptional player. A different class to Lallana, however, they do have similar traits. Small stature, good control, look comfortable carrying the ball, eye for a pass, work reasonably hard for a ball player. I think that's fair. It's not like we're comparing Alan Kernaghan to Peter Beagrie here! ;o)

There are 100's of players like Lallana across Europe

I'm not saying he isn't a good player but to compare him to arguably one of the best playmakers in world football is a step too far

chris85mcfc said:
Uncle Clockwise said:
chris85mcfc said:
That's what I was alluding to. I think its even worse that City fans are even mentioning Silva and Lallana in the same sentence.

I don't see what's so outlandish. Silva is clearly an exceptional player. A different class to Lallana, however, they do have similar traits. Small stature, good control, look comfortable carrying the ball, eye for a pass, work reasonably hard for a ball player. I think that's fair. It's not like we're comparing Alan Kernaghan to Peter Beagrie here! ;o)

I'm not saying he isn't a good player but to compare him to arguably one of the best playmakers in world football is a step too far

I don't think there are that many players similar in the Premier League though.

Dave is a one off. The best player I have seen at City, so no, they certainly aren't the same. But they are of a similar style. Look at it this way; if you were to try to compare Kinkladze to a modern day player for somebody who had never seen him play, I'd say Messi. Of course Gio never achieved an iota of what Messi has and ultimately was no where near as good, but if you are comparing style of play you wouldn't be far off the mark.

It's just a comparison in style of play.

At any rate I think we both agree that clearly Silva is a far superior player to Lallana and we're lucky to have him.

Uncle Clockwise said:
I think he's a pretty good player to be honest, and does have a similarity to Silva (although not in the same class).
However, £25 Million? Really? Not so sure about that. Although I guess it's no different to us paying something similar for Lescott and Milner.
As already stated, I guess it says a lot about what it takes to buy English 'talent'.
They both have "a's" in their names?

To me he seems to be a more advanced version of Milner...i..e playing in attacking midfield region rather than central or wide midfield.

Uncle Clockwise said:
chris85mcfc said:
Uncle Clockwise said:

Dave is a one off. The best player I have seen at City, so no, they certainly aren't the same. But they are of a similar style. Look at it this way; if you were to try to compare Kinkladze to a modern day player for somebody who had never seen him play, I'd say Messi. Of course Gio never achieved an iota of what Messi has and ultimately was no where near as good, but if you are comparing style of play you wouldn't be far off the mark.

At any rate I think we both agree that clearly Silva is a far superior player to Lallana and we're lucky to have him.

In that case i kind of get what you're saying, although to me Dave controls games in the final third where Lallana seems to like to run at defenders and create something that way. Silva can open up a defence with a quick one-two or a couple of simple five yard passes.

Yea i see the comparison with Messi and Kinkladze in terms of their strength on the ball and similar left foots, but then Lallana is right footed.

I'd like to think that if Lallana had even a few of Silva's traits then he would get in the England team ahead of Welbeck, certainly not worth £25 million.

Lallana failed to control or influence the game against Costa Rica.

chris85mcfc said:
Uncle Clockwise said:
chris85mcfc said:

In that case i kind of get what you're saying, although to me Dave controls games in the final third where Lallana seems to like to run at defenders and create something that way. Silva can open up a defence with a quick one-two or a couple of simple five yard passes.

Yea i see the comparison with Messi and Kinkladze in terms of their strength on the ball and similar left foots, but then Lallana is right footed.

I'd like to think that if Lallana had even a few of Silva's traits then he would get in the England team ahead of Welbeck, certainly not worth £25 million.

The price tag is a joke!! But congratulations to Southampton.
As for whether he should be in the England team, I don't think he could have done much worse than some of the other toss pots who covered themselves in shit last month!
Besides, whether he is good enough or not becomes an irrelevance now he has signed for Liverpool. He'll be one of Woy's first names on the team sheet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.