Adarabioyo joins Fulham on permanent deal

So we are going to flog him for buttons and let Garcia walk out of the door in 9 months time for nothing. Then guess what, we’ll be going into the market for a young centre back and probably spend a fortune

Sell Garcia and keep Tosin as 4th choice and see if he’s up to it.

He probably wouldn't be 4th choice though.

Laporte, Ake, Stones, Fernandinho, plus new CB or Otamendi would be before him and probably Garcia too (we can't sell him unless he wants to be sold and it looks like he wants to see out his contract). He'd probably end up 5th or 6th choice at best which isn't good for him at his age.

Would the lad himself want a buyback clause? Would that be in his best interest? Wouldn’t a clean break be better?

Does he have any influence over it? (Probably not.)

He probably wouldn't be 4th choice though.

Laporte, Ake, Stones, Fernandinho, plus new CB or Otamendi would be before him and probably Garcia too (we can't sell him unless he wants to be sold and it looks like he wants to see out his contract). He'd probably end up 5th or 6th choice at best which isn't good for him at his age.

This goes back to our inability to get players out of the door. We need to be aggressive in terms of sales I.e tell Garcia sign or leave because he won’t be considered for selection

Ota will go, Stones should and if Tosin cannot displace a 36 year old midfield player out of his place then we’ll know he’s not up to it

So we are going to flog him for buttons and let Garcia walk out of the door in 9 months time for nothing. Then guess what, we’ll be going into the market for a young centre back and probably spend a fortune

Sell Garcia and keep Tosin as 4th choice and see if he’s up to it.
From what @twosips said, he wants to leave. Can't force him to stay and be sat in the stands every week. He is in the last year of his contract so the fee will be low anyway, hopefully we can manage a % sell on fee or a buyback but I don't see Everton or someone agreeing to a buyback.

Van Dijk played in Scotland once week in week out
It's not a true comparison though. VVD was playing for Celtic who are a huge club & winning trophies regardless of the league, he was playing in Europe and being a stand out including taking free kicks and scoring goals from play and completely dominating, as well as being called up to the national set up as he was leaving. He then went on to Southampton and again was a stand-out again in the premier league and becoming a regular for Holland.

With all due respect to Tosin, he's had 2 loans to the championship, struggled at WBA and done well at Blackburn who are mediocre and hasn't got near the England u21 team.

To break through with City you really have to take the bull by the horns and "stand out" and I'm afraid he just doesn't seem to be at that level.

It's not the same scenario

Very disappointing if he leaves. But you can't really blame him. He's going to be behind Laporte, Ake, Stones (maybe), Garcia (if he stays to the end of the season) and A.N.Other. How many games is he realistically going to play for us; 10? And that's not taking into account Pep's caution re playing youngsters. From what I saw of him at Blackburn last season, he looked very good. And yes; I realise that that was in the Championship, not the Premier League.
/
Remember when he was considered a manager that brings through kids?...

This goes back to our inability to get players out of the door. We need to be aggressive in terms of sales I.e tell Garcia sign or leave because he won’t be considered for selection

Ota will go, Stones should and if Tosin cannot displace a 36 year old midfield player out of his place then we’ll know he’s not up to it

You’re recommending that we should abandon our ethics and try to renege on our contractual commitments by behaving like twats and forcing players out at the threat of deliberately sabotaging their development.
IMO you should think things through because if we started acting like you suggest (like bad / bloody awful employers) then we’d soon get a reputation for it and we wouldn’t be able to attract the best young players to our academy.
We make great money out of the academy, it supports the rest of our operations and we need it to be successful but you’d have us act like fools and kill the golden goose as an act of spiteful pique.
I think it will be better if we keep our dignity by sticking honestly to our principles because acting like twats is not a good way forward and not very ‘City’.

Would the lad himself want a buyback clause? Would that be in his best interest? Wouldn’t a clean break be better?

Does he have any influence over it? (Probably not.)
There would be no point in him agreeing to it, we'd just end up signing another defender if he did end up being a success wherever he is

I can see us selling Tosin with a buy back clause in case he really performs well. But you just know that even if we do that, it would only be to facilitate selling him on for a bigger fee. I think tbf to him he's stuck around on what he's been told by the club, but there's no chance he's getting in the first team. He looked really good last season and he's clearly used the experience he got with our first team and in the Championship the season before, to showcase himself a bit. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up at a team like Villa or Southampton.

I think Stones will stay. Otamendi will probably go but we'll also probably bring in another CB. That already puts Tosin 5th in line. There's no certainty that he would get in front of Fernandinho or Garcia either (assuming he stays). He knows that and that's why he wants a move. He needs to be playing regular football at his age and he just wouldn't get that here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.