Adding pace to the team at last!

What we have needed is pace when we break forward, and then we dont have to try to break down a packed defence, if we have players to get up with the player in possession of the ball we have more chance of scoring on the counter attack what arsenal and united have been doing for years. barry and garcia dont have the legs to get there and navas pace will make one of the defenders come out when he beats a player, too much of a slow build up has killed us and no one like johnson with pace and the ability to beat a player if we get cavani I dont think anyone will live with us

davymcfc said:

Thread ends here<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 am --<br /><br />
dctid said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
dctid said:
Personally i dont think its just how fast a player can run but how fast he thinks and how fast we move the ball around

Last season we could have had Bolt in midfield but makes fuck all difference if yo pass the ball from back to front oo clow

I am hoping we break a little more especially away where team will comeonto us more instead of just sitting there

Last year we had garcia barry and milner all on the pitch in some games all these players are slow and it affects how quick you break or counter attack if you add quicker players that have good football brains then the speed of the counter attack improves.Also u mentioned we need to get out of five a side mode in games and make the ball sweat to tire out the opposition.

Simply put we need to get the ball from back to front quicker - blaming indiviual players is wrong yes some are faster than other but the FA cup final summed it up for me to slow passing and too many side ways passing

Blame the players if you wish they play a part but our tactics were the issue

Clichy / Zab aint slouches nor is Aguero and Tevez and nor is Yaya

If we polay at the same speed next season as the season gone it wont matter how fast Navas is because teams will do what they did last season which is defend deep and in numbers

Micah is the real pace we require

I would go all guns blazing for Reus, if we don't get Isco

Fast, tricky, technique, can play in small areas and is a total beast on counters.

zlaz3r said:
I would go all guns blazing for Reus, if we don't get Isco

Fast, tricky, technique, can play in small areas and is a total beast on counters.

We won't get Reus mate

Going by the quotes on the OS (Media page I think), Pelli wanted Isco specifically, not just a player in that position with Isco as first choice, and it says we won't be looking for an alternative if we don't get him.
He must really rate Isco.

black mamba said:
Putting dangerous and accurate balls into the box at the end of a run is just as important as the pace of the attack itself ...... absolutely no good whatsoever if we break down to the byline at speed only to sling the ball across directly to an opposing defender ...... i'm hoping that Navas has the wherewithall to actually look up at the end of his run and find a sky blue shirt in the box!

At the same time we need to have players in the box!!

The number of times I have seen Dzeko out on the wings with the ball and I'm screamin "what u doing u should b in the box u pratt" I have lost count off!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.