Ade cannot start on Wednesday

jay_mcfc

Not because I don't like him or because I don't think he's good enough but because he just doesn't fit into our system. Play AJ instead of Balotelli and run the rags to deaf. The movement and passing ability of Johnson, Tevez and Silved combined with the skill and runs of Yaya will tear their defence to pieces. Ade makes the wrong runs and gets in the way of our intricate play. The worst thing we can do after today is go two up top, we finally had our best players and best formation out there today and we looked very, very good.

jay_mcfc said:
Not because I don't like him or because I don't think he's good enough but because he just doesn't fit into our system. Play AJ instead of Balotelli and run the rags to deaf. The movement and passing ability of Johnson, Tevez and Silved combined with the skill and runs of Yaya will tear their defence to pieces. Ade makes the wrong runs and gets in the way of our intricate play. The worst thing we can do after today is go two up top, we finally had our best players and best formation out there today and we looked very, very good.

i agree, milner or johnson in for ballotelli.

to be honest i disagree with you

ade's running off the ball is good, and his movement in the box is very good.....he is also a threat from set pieces

aj would be up against evra and he wouldnt get anything out of him

i think rm should play the exact same team with ade replacing balo (if he is suspended pending the appeal)

Agreed. I will be nervous enough without having to watch him running down blind alleys, not defending from the front and smiling whether we win lose or draw. They will certainly play 5 in midfield and we just can't give scholes as much space as we did last year.

simon23 said:

ade's running off the ball is good, and his movement in the box is very good.....he is also a threat from set pieces

i think rm should play the exact same team with ade replacing balo (if he is suspended pending the appeal)

If we could have the Ade back from the start of last season then he would be a certain starter but since the African Cup Of Nations shit he aint been the same he also dont seem to play well with Tevez -

as long as Vinnie, big Nige, Silva, and Tevez are all fit it doesn't matter much to me who else is out there, have confidence they can do a job.

I'd put Milner in if Balotelli is out, and I might leave Balo on the bench anyway if he has his ban overturned and bring him on if we need help winning at the end.

simon23 said:

Adebayor is an excellent player, but should definitely not start on Wednesday (or in general).

The reason is the same reason he didn't fit in at Arsenal - wanders too much, doesn't hold the ball up, too individualist, takes too many touches and slows up the play.

If someone could convince him to do less roaming into the channels (not to cut it out completely, but to do less of it) and to stick to holding the ball up, taking a touch to control and looking for a team mate, he would be fantastic, and a world beater for us.

Until then he'll be getting a lot of splinters in his arse I'm afraid.

Adebayor has looked alot more hungry than the start of the season + currently in good form, give him a chance Ade in for Balo if the suspension stays in place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.