Ade coming back? Who will buy him?

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
Can't see anyone else picking up his contract so either we heavily subsidise a move or he returns and suddenly decides we are a big enough club for his 'talents' after all??

If true,a spanner in the works i feel....
Ok lets not swap history here. It was Mancini who decided he wasn't good enough, and asked him to find a trade. Not the other way around. Just because he was lucky to find a bigger club who wanted him, is no excuse to try to make it sound like he was the one feeling too big.

-- Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm --

With Tevez leaving, we could just keep Adebayor, and have 3 strikers we swap in an out.

I'm really not sure what was going on with Adebayor and Mancini. All I know is that Ade was on the record before the start of the season talking about how much he would like to play for Juventus. He went on the record about other clubs twice before he left.

I don't think he thought he was 'too big for City'. I am pretty sure that he thought he was 'too big to play second fiddle to Tevez'.

In before usual 'where are the quotes' bleating. They are out there. TBHiIt's ancient history and I can't be bothered to dig it up. I get challenged once a month, always by people who have no quotes or evidence of their own. It annoys me because I read as much as anyone on here, and discuss it at the time. I don't make a habit of making things up, or pretending I remember when I don't.

Chick Counterfly said:
I don't think he thought he was 'too big for City'. I am pretty sure that he thought he was 'too big to play second fiddle to Tevez'.

Thats what i was getting at because ultimately it boils down to the same thing,he could not be arsed knuckling down and earning the right to play.Yet he appears happy to do just that at Madrid.......

FantasyIreland said:
Dax777 said:
Ok lets not swap history here. It was Mancini who decided he wasn't good enough, and asked him to find a trade. Not the other way around. Just because he was lucky to find a bigger club who wanted him, is no excuse to try to make it sound like he was the one feeling too big.

So it wasn't Ade,when he arrived in Madrid,that stated he was now playing for a big club and that he would be cutting his hair and presenting himself in a more professional manner because of who he was now playing for??
C'mon Dax......

And Mancini was right,he wasn't good enough,at least the attitude wasn't.
Madrid don't apparently want him and neither do i.

I don't see how you can fault Ade here, at City he was getting no play. Mancini was playing Jo, effing Jo ahead of him. He was 4th choice after Tevez, an at the time crocked up Balo and even Jo. So what is he supposed to do? He sought other options, and rightly so.

Madrid is believed to be the biggest club in the world. Ronaldo left a treble winning squad to go join them, even though they had won nothing prior to that. So sure, when Ade is let go by his old club, and he finds himself on the biggest club in Europe, with the best coach in the world telling him he wants him on his team. What is Ade to do, of course he'd suck up to the team. The coach liked him, get him in games as much as possible. At City with so many injuries he was only able to muster 13 appearances, while at Madrid he got inspite of joining late.

Like it or not Mancini has his favorites and Ade isn't one of them. All this talk of putting your head down and working hard is rubbish. Coaches know the players they prefer, and Ade wasn't one of them. I mean we sent out Ade and bought a new striker. So it wasn't as if City was overflowing with Strikers, the coach just didn't rate him. This has nothing to do with being good or bad. Coaches just have their philosophies and tend to play players they think will fit into that view.

Ade wasn't on Mancini's mind. PERIOD. Bit Mourihno likes him, so why wouldn't he cut his hair for Mourihno, the guy who fought his management to bring him in. I know I would.

Look I personally like Mancini, but I am not going to pretend he doesn't have his favorites. He does. Tevez, Balotelli, Yaya, Silva and Barry are Mancini favorites. Especially Balo and Tevez, those 2 have to shoot up a highschool to do anything wrong. As for Ade, all he has to do is sneeze and he is in trouble. So I understand where he is coming from. I mean watch how Milner and AJ always look miffed when they get subbed. This is because they know they are not the favorites. Basically for Milner or AJ or Ade or SWP to stay in a game, they have to be having a blinder, wheraas Balotelli, Tevez and Yaya have to be stinking up the joint royally to get subbed. We all see this all the time. Every coach has there favs. Even fans do. Players see this stuff. It is one thing if you haven't proved yourself, it is something else if you never get a fair chance.

Ade was not getting a fair chance this season, and he was not in the wrong to be happy to go somewhere else.

FantasyIreland said:
Chick Counterfly said:

Thats what i was getting at because ultimately it boils down to the same thing,he could not be arsed knuckling down and earning the right to play.Yet he appears happy to do just that at Madrid.......

Such bollocks. First you come up with an absolutely ridiculous reason why he cut his own hair and now this. Getting dropped to the bench after scoring a hattrick and he should be prepared to play second fiddle to someone who hands in a transfer request? He's not here because maybe he's not Mancini's type of player, fair enough, not all this unfounded rubbish about not earning his spot.

redmizzle said:
FantasyIreland said:

Such bollocks. First you come up with an absolutely ridiculous reason why he cut his own hair and now this. Getting dropped to the bech after scoring a hattrick and he should be prepared to play second fiddle to someone who hands in a transfer request? He's not here because maybe he's not Mancini's type of player, fair enough, not all this unfounded rubbish about not earning his spot.
I mean compare the 2. Ade banged in 2 goals against a team in Spain and he gets a whole game the next match. He bangs in a hattrick for City, and he is shown the bench the next game. But Ade is the one who isn't putting his head down to work. Come on people, lets be fair here!

spidermanc said:
I still think ade will be used in a swap deal with real.

So do I.

If Real wanted to keep Ade in some sort of a trade, this is exactly what they would be stating now in order to get the most of out of that deal.

Dax777 said:
FantasyIreland said:
So it wasn't Ade,when he arrived in Madrid,that stated he was now playing for a big club and that he would be cutting his hair and presenting himself in a more professional manner because of who he was now playing for??
C'mon Dax......

And Mancini was right,he wasn't good enough,at least the attitude wasn't.
Madrid don't apparently want him and neither do i.

I don't see how you can fault Ade here, at City he was getting no play. Mancini was playing Jo, effing Jo ahead of him. He was 4th choice after Tevez, an at the time crocked up Balo and even Jo. So what is he supposed to do? He sought other options, and rightly so.

Madrid is believed to be the biggest club in the world. Ronaldo left a treble winning squad to go join them, even though they had won nothing prior to that. So sure, when Ade is let go by his old club, and he finds himself on the biggest club in Europe, with the best coach in the world telling him he wants him on his team. What is Ade to do, of course he'd suck up to the team. The coach liked him, get him in games as much as possible. At City with so many injuries he was only able to muster 13 appearances, while at Madrid he got inspite of joining late.

Like it or not Mancini has his favorites and Ade isn't one of them. All this talk of putting your head down and working hard is rubbish. Coaches know the players they prefer, and Ade wasn't one of them. I mean we sent out Ade and bought a new striker. So it wasn't as if City was overflowing with Strikers, the coach just didn't rate him. This has nothing to do with being good or bad. Coaches just have their philosophies and tend to play players they think will fit into that view.

Ade wasn't on Mancini's mind. PERIOD. Bit Mourihno likes him, so why wouldn't he cut his hair for Mourihno, the guy who fought his management to bring him in. I know I would.

Look I personally like Mancini, but I am not going to pretend he doesn't have his favorites. He does. Tevez, Balotelli, Yaya, Silva and Barry are Mancini favorites. Especially Balo and Tevez, those 2 have to shoot up a highschool to do anything wrong. As for Ade, all he has to do is sneeze and he is in trouble. So I understand where he is coming from. I mean watch how Milner and AJ always look miffed when they get subbed. This is because they know they are not the favorites. Basically for Milner or AJ or Ade or SWP to stay in a game, they have to be having a blinder, wheraas Balotelli, Tevez and Yaya have to be stinking up the joint royally to get subbed. We all see this all the time. Every coach has there favs. Even fans do. Players see this stuff. It is one thing if you haven't proved yourself, it is something else if you never get a fair chance.

Ade was not getting a fair chance this season, and he was not in the wrong to be happy to go somewhere else.

At this point in time you are right. The Key is whether Tevez remains or not. Ade may return if Tevez goes.
Perhaps not for there could be other reasons beyond our need to know at the moment.

Adebayor will not be short of admirers come the summer.

Juventus, AC Milan, Roma...Spurs, maybe Newcastle United or even Chelsea...

I still think he could do a job for City, but Mancini clearly doesn't rate him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.