Ade Durham on Talksport

I went school with him and his brother nice lads
Met him and his girlfriend in a Chinese restaurant in Manchester after we beat Bradford one Saturday. He was a really nice, genuine, guy. We obviously ruined his night out with his Missus but he couldn’t have been more friendly.

What parade did coventry have?
Hmmm. I've no idea what this refers to. I live in Coventry, and have for years. If it was 1987, the parade was about 30-40k, absolutely at the very most. There are far more non-Coventry fans (all teams combined) than Coventry fans, in a city built on migrating workers for the motor and mining industries, now all basically gone. Celtic are really popular, of course.

They are easily the most fickle fan base known to humanity. Anyone could have got a ticket for their semi-final versus The Rags, yet the narrative became about their wonderful support. A week or so later, they played Ipswich at home, a pretty attractive fixture too. Literally a half-empty stadium. Really poor. The reality is that the shirts come out at the first sign of a little bit of success, then disappear the next day.

I know a woman who goes home and away, she is an incredible fan. I also have family members, in-laws, who once bemoaned the owners on the day they slipped into the 4th tier...they live a mile from the stadium...and didn't go to games. I just sipped my beer, and nodded. Went to Wembley though, of course they did. With the family cat, auntie Hilda, and a boatload of jester hats.

Phill, you must remember school? Leeds, The Rags, Liverpool, etc. And us two Blues.

Last edited:
Hmmm. I've no idea what this refers to. I live in Coventry, and have for years. If it was 1987, the parade was about 30-40k, absolutely at the very most. There are far more non-Coventry fans (all teams combined) than Coventry fans, in a city built on migrating workers for the motor and mining industries, now all basically gone. Celtic are really popular, of course.

They are easily the most fickle fan base known to humanity. Anyone could have got a ticket for their semi-final versus The Rags, yet the narrative became about their wonderful support. A week or so later, they played Ipswichcat home, a pretty attractive fixture too. Literally a half-empty stadium. Really poor. The reality is that the shirts come out at the first sign of a little bit of success, then disappear the next day.

I know a woman who goes home and away, she is an incredible fan. I also have family members, in-laws, who once bemoaned the owners on the day they slipped into the 4th tier...they live a mile from the stadium...and didn't go to games. I just sipped my beer, and nodded. Went to Wembley though, of course they did. With the family cat, auntie Hilda, and a boatload of jester hats.

Phill, you must remember school? Leeds, The Rags, Liverpool, etc. And us two Blues.
Leeds were indeed the most supported club at school (mid to late 70's). Twats. Never even went when they played at Highfield Road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.