Adebayor - An Olive Branch to Mancini?

Re: So, should we give Adebayor a second chance?

NO
dont let him near the club he wasted many chances

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:
If Real Madrid wanted Ade they would have stumped up the cash and much as Mourinho 'respects' Ade alas it doesn't seem the stretch to actually wanting him around the place.

Hence we now have Ade in "Can I have my old job back please?" to which the answer is likely to be a swift "No".

Which is becoming a big problem for Ade as, to date Wenger got rid, Mancini was happy to get shut and Mourinho has no interest in keeping him which does make you wonder why people are keen to have him back - and being better than Jo is not really a compelling case.

I do actually rate Ade and was delighted when he signed but one rejection is unfortunate, two is worrying and three is looking like a pattern.

I think we need to start by recognising the pattern and judging the issue from there.

Unlike most of the people "judging" on Bluemoon - I've met Ade a bunch of times. Both at City and socially. So forgive me if your amateur psychology rings a little hollow.

Or maybe you think he's lying when he talks about being close to the likes of Vincent, Kolo, Yaya, Nigel et al? Or maybe he's only a problem for managers whilst his teammates are blind to his apparent faults...

I have no idea if Ade is lying, delusional or bang on the money. Its irrelevant. I am purely looking at the managers who are seemingly happy to see him move elsewhere or unprepared to spend the money necessary to keep him. At some point you have to ask yourself why this is so.

Strange Adebayor comes out with this now Real Madrid don't want him and City have qualified for Champions League!!! Why hasn't he said it earlier? Move him on Bobby!!!

BobKowalski said:
I have no idea if Ade is lying, delusional or bang on the money. Its irrelevant. I am purely looking at the managers who are seemingly happy to see him move elsewhere or unprepared to spend the money necessary to keep him. At some point you have to ask yourself why this is so.

Jeez that's a little wet behind the ears. You don't think players get moved on for non footballing reasons?

EDIT:

That's in reference to Wenger and Mancini. Because I could give you compelling arguments for why both men moved Ade for those...

I never really know what to make of Ade. When he can be arsed he's a brilliant player but in some games he looks like he doesn't give a shit. I do have some sympathy with him as Mancini dropped him after he scored a hattrick in the Europa League and he probably would've been more use than Dzeko this season but we don't know what's happened behind the scenes.

Ade is a top player and easily good enough for City. However, he's burnt his bridges and has continued to alienate himself with his media comments. He was saying he wanted to stay at Madrid only a few weeks ago, now it's clear they don't want him he's trying to engineer a route back to City.
Except, if that's what he wanted he should have kept his mouth shut and contacted the club.
He's a talent, but also a liability, and because of City's unique position he's disposable.
I genuinely think the club would rather make a 10 million loss on him and find a replacement, which in all likelihood is what will happen.
Mancini has a few select word's he likes to use, 'mentality' is one of them, it's clear they don't share the same mentality, so he's off. End of.

In_Good_Kompany said:
Sorry, i don't accept that that is even totally true or accurate.

Why not? Cant handle the truth?

At the end of the day people like you might want him back - but he most likely wont be coming back!

And heres to years of success without characters like Ade anywhere near our club!

What truth are you refering to?

Because you say RM fans don't like him i'm supposed to just believe you? LOL Stop joking. I saw RM fans give him a standing ovation when he was coming off the pitch after scoring two goals against Spurs at the Bernabau, that's truth to me! At the end of the day it doesn't matter what either of us want, whether he comes back or not won't be decided on Bluemoon so calm the fuck down with your ''people like you'' shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.