Adebayor? Anybody?!

spurspinter1 said:
LongsightM13 said:
bluemoondays said:
<snip> At Spurs he's getting lots of games in the PL and his ego is too big for the Europa League so he is a) probably keeping happy and b) he's also playing for his next contract and angling for a big club to come in for him.
If he was getting rotated regularly I'm pretty sure you'd see the "Adebadbuyor" soon enough. Saying that, I'm also pretty sure you'd see the striker who can only be arsed 50% of the time once he gets his shiny new contract.
He starts of brilliantly at every club he goes to. Plays well, works hard, says all the things the fans want to hear.
Unfortunately, it is in his DNA that sooner or later, the 'c*** gene' in his make up will rear its ugly head and it all ends in tears. Spurs will be no different if they can ever scrape together the cash to buy him and pay his wages, rather than coming cap in hand to City and expecting charity like a bunch of benefit scroungers.

Of course I can see what both of your are saying, but it seems the honeymoon period is extended almost every week, how long does he have to go before being rid of this thought process? Every striker has dips in form and I'm sure Ade will sooner or later. I think he is a changed man after the Cup of Nations events, he just wants to play football, I don't see a massive downturn in his form just because he's been here for a while...
The clues are in the bolded bits :) Maybe he's a changed man but would you want your club to risk £20m + wages for 4 years on it ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.