Adebayor? Anybody?!

No way...he looked good for us at the start. Get rid of the lazy fucker...spurs will learn the hardway ... we did.

LoveCity said:
Spurs paid us a lot of money to have him for the entire season. He won't be back anyway as his attitude type is incompatible with our squad, Mancini demands 100% workrate, tactical discipline, and playing to his instructions all the time, Adebayor is too much of a "free spirit" (that's putting it the nicest way possible) and will be 'appy at 'arry's no-tactics Spurs where they play straightforward 4-4-2 with high tempo that teams can't deal with.

I think in the past 5 games we've gone from a 4-4-1-1 to a 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2, arguably our 4-4-1-1 is actually a 4-2-3-1 with Luka and Parker sitting deep as the two, but tactics on paper can be a bit of tomayto tomahto kind of thing I guess, with VDV's introduction we have definitely moved on from just playing 4-4-2 all the time.

I can't speak much for his time at City but he has worked tremendously hard for Spurs, in all assets of his play which has been a pleasant surprise considering the doomsayers words when we got him...

This threads a bit void though as it has been made pretty clear that you are unable to recall him and he has been quite clear that he doesn't wish to be part of Mancini's team...

oakiecokie said:
mcfc-mark said:
It's just a thought, hear me out.
With all the talk of Torres in jan, why not bring ade back? I understand he didn't have his best spell when he was here and I was one of his biggest critics (lazy, disinterested, lethargic spring to mind) but he's playing some great football right now and I for one would love to see him back in the squad. we've since added Aguero & Nasri and clichy who he would link up well with imo. His breakdown in relations with mancini wern't exactly acrimonious and could be fixed.

We're paying most of his wages and he wouldn't cost a penny obviously. Can't see what harm it will do to give him one more chance to prove himself

Shite thread, fishing thread whatever... just a thought

We`re in the process of getting rid of one troublemaker,why the fuck do we need another one back ??

Ha, was thinking the same. What we should do is pay Spurs so we can bring back Ade early, keep Tevez and sack off Ageuro, Dzeko and Balo.

Best plan ever.

p.s. I liked Ade a lot when he was here and on form, but time to move on and all that.

spurspinter1 said:
LoveCity said:
Spurs paid us a lot of money to have him for the entire season. He won't be back anyway as his attitude type is incompatible with our squad, Mancini demands 100% workrate, tactical discipline, and playing to his instructions all the time, Adebayor is too much of a "free spirit" (that's putting it the nicest way possible) and will be 'appy at 'arry's no-tactics Spurs where they play straightforward 4-4-2 with high tempo that teams can't deal with.

I think in the past 5 games we've gone from a 4-4-1-1 to a 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2, arguably our 4-4-1-1 is actually a 4-2-3-1 with Luka and Parker sitting deep as the two, but tactics on paper can be a bit of tomayto tomahto kind of thing I guess, with VDV's introduction we have definitely moved on from just playing 4-4-2 all the time.

I can't speak much for his time at City but he has worked tremendously hard for Spurs, in all assets of his play which has been a pleasant surprise considering the doomsayers words when we got him...

This threads a bit void though as it has been made pretty clear that you are unable to recall him and he has been quite clear that he doesn't wish to be part of Mancini's team...
You're seeing the "good" Adebayor, he is a class player when he can be bothered and pretty much only the deluded will deny that. For his first 10 or so games he was brilliant for us but it seemed to go downhill after the Arse game and definitely after the shooting incident (the second one was understandable I guess).

What you are not seeing is the Adebayor who goes missing in games and who can't be arsed. There's a reason Wenger let him go and also why both City fans will be (and Arsenal fans are) glad to see the back of him. I have never seen a 6'3" forward so reluctant to challenge for a ball in the air, he can head the ball excellently but put him anywhere near a defender when the ball is in the air and he is one of the most cowardly strikers I have ever seen. Watch him, 90% of the time he spins off the defender hoping that the defender will miss it instead of challenging for it.

He also appears to be almost on a par with Tevez with wanting to be the "main man" and he's currently getting that at Tottenham. In our squad there was a a rotation policy even back then and he seemed to throw his dummy out of the pram. At Spurs he's getting lots of games in the PL and his ego is too big for the Europa League so he is a) probably keeping happy and b) he's also playing for his next contract and angling for a big club to come in for him.

If he was getting rotated regularly I'm pretty sure you'd see the "Adebadbuyor" soon enough. Saying that, I'm also pretty sure you'd see the striker who can only be arsed 50% of the time once he gets his shiny new contract.

bluemoondays said:
spurspinter1 said:
LoveCity said:

You're seeing the "good" Adebayor, he is a class player when he can be bothered and pretty much only the deluded will deny that. For his first 10 or so games he was brilliant for us but it seemed to go downhill after the Arse game and definitely after the shooting incident (the second one was understandable I guess).

What you are not seeing is the Adebayor who goes missing in games and who can't be arsed. There's a reason Wenger let him go and also why both City fans will be (and Arsenal fans are) glad to see the back of him. I have never seen a 6'3" forward so reluctant to challenge for a ball in the air, he can head the ball excellently but put him anywhere near a defender when the ball is in the air and he is one of the most cowardly strikers I have ever seen. Watch him, 90% of the time he spins off the defender hoping that the defender will miss it instead of challenging for it.

He also appears to be almost on a par with Tevez with wanting to be the "main man" and he's currently getting that at Tottenham. In our squad there was a a rotation policy even back then and he seemed to throw his dummy out of the pram. At Spurs he's getting lots of games in the PL and his ego is too big for the Europa League so he is a) probably keeping happy and b) he's also playing for his next contract and angling for a big club to come in for him.

If he was getting rotated regularly I'm pretty sure you'd see the "Adebadbuyor" soon enough. Saying that, I'm also pretty sure you'd see the striker who can only be arsed 50% of the time once he gets his shiny new contract.
He starts of brilliantly at every club he goes to. Plays well, works hard, says all the things the fans want to hear.
Unfortunately, it is in his DNA that sooner or later, the 'c*** gene' in his make up will rear its ugly head and it all ends in tears.
Spurs will be no different if they can ever scrape together the cash to buy him and pay his wages, rather than coming cap in hand to City and expecting charity like a bunch of benefit scroungers.

LongsightM13 said:
bluemoondays said:
spurspinter1 said:

He starts of brilliantly at every club he goes to. Plays well, works hard, says all the things the fans want to hear.
Unfortunately, it is in his DNA that sooner or later, the 'c*** gene' in his make up will rear its ugly head and it all ends in tears.
Spurs will be no different if they can ever scrape together the cash to buy him and pay his wages, rather than coming cap in hand to City and expecting charity like a bunch of benefit scroungers.

Of course I can see what both of your are saying, but it seems the honeymoon period is extended almost every week, how long does he have to go before being rid of this thought process? Every striker has dips in form and I'm sure Ade will sooner or later. I think he is a changed man after the Cup of Nations events, he just wants to play football, I don't see a massive downturn in his form just because he's been here for a while...

We didnt show him the love he wanted apparently..

Thought the £170'000 a week might have compensated for that..

Fucking deadbeat!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.