Adebayor/Barca and Robbie

TheMightyQuinn

Interesting to read and hear Ade's comments on the official site and in the new City magazine.

He says that the Arsenal fans turned on him when Barca showed interest despite him never once saying he wanted to move to them or leave Arsenal. Tellingly he says this treatment of him will remain with him until the day he dies.

Food for thought for some of the lesser beings on here to bear in mind when Ade goes a game without scoring.

Also incredibly ironic that Ade should reveal all of this towards the end of a week in which we've read some 'people' on here questioning Robinho due to the fact that.....Barca have been linked with him!

I've never seen the logic of turning on your own players and it's something I'd never do. Sure, I can dislike players or not rate them highly but I was blessed with a level of intelligence and insight that means I'm aware that 40'000 people booing a lad won't exactly help them to set the world on fire. Quite the opposite in fact.

Anyway I thought I'd share my musings with you all due to me being ill and unable to sleep.

No doubt I'll be in for a torrid time of it later today as I'm forced to read hundreds of posts about Robinho and the mythical tracking back and how it was better when we had battlers like Pollock in the midfield as opposed to flashy international Brazilian world stars who can score 15 goals in less than a full season.

These are exciting times for us as a club and as fans. So far this season we've endured the likes of Celtic, Palace etc booing Tevez, Ade etc and we need to get behind our lads. All of them, no matter what. We need to be the 12th man. If we go a goal down or are under the cosh it's a well known fact that the fans can change the tide of a game with their support or lack of. Let us never forget that in the dark days of the mid/late 90's opponents used to come to Maine Road under instructions to keep it tight for 20mins, wait for the fans to turn on the team, then step it up and batter them whilst their own fans harangue them. Fuck that! This could be our one shot of making a break from mediocrity and actually winning something!

Peace be with you blues

sometimes players like to be loved and our robbie is one,lets all give him a big hug and he will start banging the goals in!

Fully agree TMQ

how can a player be motivated when there are jack asses screaming abuse at him, sometimes before he's even got on the pitch
i remember years back the guys around me continually barracking Quinny, warming up once they were shouting hehaw at him!
then when he came back and scored for sunderland they were saying what a stupid thing it was letting him go!!!!

support whoever pulls on a blue shirt, and carp about their performance to mates, bluemoon etc but not at the player

an interesting aside in the goat's book was how the players used to hear continual moans when training at Platt Lane and warming up before games which then affected them

TheMightyQuinn said:
Interesting to read and hear Ade's comments on the official site and in the new City magazine.

He says that the Arsenal fans turned on him when Barca showed interest despite him never once saying he wanted to move to them or leave Arsenal. Tellingly he says this treatment of him will remain with him until the day he dies.

Food for thought for some of the lesser beings on here to bear in mind when Ade goes a game without scoring.

Also incredibly ironic that Ade should reveal all of this towards the end of a week in which we've read some 'people' on here questioning Robinho due to the fact that.....Barca have been linked with him!

I've never seen the logic of turning on your own players and it's something I'd never do. Sure, I can dislike players or not rate them highly but I was blessed with a level of intelligence and insight that means I'm aware that 40'000 people booing a lad won't exactly help them to set the world on fire. Quite the opposite in fact.

Anyway I thought I'd share my musings with you all due to me being ill and unable to sleep.

No doubt I'll be in for a torrid time of it later today as I'm forced to read hundreds of posts about Robinho and the mythical tracking back and how it was better when we had battlers like Pollock in the midfield as opposed to flashy international Brazilian world stars who can score 15 goals in less than a full season.

These are exciting times for us as a club and as fans. So far this season we've endured the likes of Celtic, Palace etc booing Tevez, Ade etc and we need to get behind our lads. All of them, no matter what. We need to be the 12th man. If we go a goal down or are under the cosh it's a well known fact that the fans can change the tide of a game with their support or lack of. Let us never forget that in the dark days of the mid/late 90's opponents used to come to Maine Road under instructions to keep it tight for 20mins, wait for the fans to turn on the team, then step it up and batter them whilst their own fans harangue them. Fuck that! This could be our one shot of making a break from mediocrity and actually winning something!

Peace be with you blues

you make some great points, we have all groaned and moaned at a game but you just dont boo your own players, if arsenal fans doing that has give us Ade then more fool them.

Arse fans did the same with Eboué. They're not called the Arse for nothing! It's a thing fans do when they are generally successful. They expect perfection and when they don't get it, they resort to booing. Same at the swamp. Listen to Stuart Hall going on about the lawyers and bankers creating when one of the 'chosen' has put a ball out for a throwing instead of belting it in from 90 yards.

It is something we need to be well aware of. I had the misfortune of sitting next to somebody at the Bolton game last season and it was one long diatribe of criticism. Not one ounce of praise for anyone doing anything.

TheMightyQuinn said:

It's also food for thought for those that read something in an official publication and believe it to be 100% fact.

As good as Adebayor has been for us so far he's being very economical with the truth here. And while I don't condone booing, he did and said more than enough to lose the respect of even the most generous Arsenal supporter.

Agreed, nothing proactive tends to come from booing a player. While we're at coms it's our job to support the boys that pull on the blue shirt, let Hughes do his job and sort the rest out - i.e. make subs for anyone not performing.

TheMightyQuinn said:

Peace be with you blues

Fantastic post TMQ.

Totally agree 100% TMQ, great post. It appears that some fans are not happy without a scapegoat. It's a chance to vent their frustrations accrued throughout their lives by spending £40 to turn up and barrack someone. Pathetic really. (and before you post, yes I know its your right to do what you want when you want etc etc etc, you pay as much as I do blah blah blah)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.