Adebayor Didn't Use Van Persie's Head As A Bootscraper

johnny crossan

The careful Ade watcher will notice that he hyperextends his lower leg regularly in pursuit of the ball. It's a feature of his play. I'm sure he didn't notice RVP, or if he did, he made every reasonable effort to avoid him. Seriously, the club should submit video evidence to show that his alleged "stamp" is actually a trademark.

johnny crossan said:
The careful Ade watcher will notice that he hyperextends his lower leg regularly in pursuit of the ball. It's a feature of his play. I'm sure he didn't notice RVP, or if he did, he made every reasonable effort to avoid him. Seriously, the club should submit video evidence to show that his alleged "stamp" is actually a trademark.

erm!! get your point but i think ade needs one of those dodgy briefs on this one

i've spoken with a number of people and we're all of the same opinion - it looks like he's guilty but there is enough of an element of doubt. a player's face is usually a good indication, and there didn't appear to be any malice when his foot went down. if this went to a crown court, there is no way he could be found gulity.

I wouldn't defend it beyond pointing out that the reaction has been hysterical.

If you were to catch an elbow in the face in a slow-motion replay then it would look horrendous. I can understand the incident being investigated by the FA, but I hope that they take into account Van persie's tackle, and keep everything in perspective.

I am not confident they will do so

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.