Adebayor has done nothing wrong....

Glasgow Man City said:
kiam06 said:
The thing is he has come out and said he didn't mean it. That should be it in a case where it is hard to judge surely we should take the word of a professional.

Yeah, because professional players never lie ;-)

Yes but the FA need to seriously consider his words when they make a decision, sometimes we need to look for the positive instead of trying to crucify people. I believe him.

adebayorvanpersie.ashx

If I thought someone stamped me on purpose I wouldn't be this close without yelling at him. Along with every Arsenal player it looks like RVP shook hands bumped shoulders maybe even hugged. ROFL!!!

The thing that puzzles me is that RVP is a fantastic player and should just concentrate on that rather than looking for some kind of retribution. He was a thorn in our side all game and was by far arsenals best player, who else thought his shot in the second half was going in?
However he is also lets himself down at times by being this 'loose cannon' type character by committing challenges such as the two footed lunge at Adebayor. Now lets be honest he was nowhere near to getting the ball.
As for our very own player, it will alll depend on the angle of which the panel will review it. No arsenal player or supporter to my mind reacted when the dutchman went down so they need to take this into account.
The celebrations from both players were provocative but who on here is surprised at the reaction the southerners gave?

US_Citizen said:
adebayorvanpersie.ashx

If I thought someone stamped me on purpose I wouldn't be this close without yelling at him. Along with every Arsenal player it looks like RVP shook hands bumped shoulders maybe even hugged. ROFL!!!

Did RVP not say that Adebayor never spoke to him at full time?

kiam06 said:
RVP, Fabregas and Clichy were superb.

Clichy was at fault for 3 of your goals and Fabregas had a shocker.

Also, I cannot for the life of me see how anyone can argue that the stamp wasn't deliberate. Look at how quickly his foot lashes out. It is painfully obvious and I'd expect a ban.

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor does not believe he should be banned following his behaviour in Saturday's victory over former club Arsenal.

The Togo star scored City's third goal in a 4-2 win over the Gunners and caused controversy by running the length of the field to celebrate in front of away fans.

Adebayor, who left Arsenal this summer in a £25million deal, is also in hot water after appearing to stamp on the face of ex-team-mate Robin van Persie.

Critics have called for the 25-year-old to be handed a suspension, but he does not think he has done anything wrong and has yet to hear from the Football Association.

"I don't know what I have done wrong to get banned," said Adebayor in The Sun.

Mistake
"I have not heard the police or FA want to talk to me. The club have not said anything."

Adebayor admits he made a mistake by running in front of the Gunners supporters after they reacted angrily and a steward was struck by a thrown object.

But he maintains that the act was not premeditated, adding: "It was silly to run up in front of the Arsenal fans. But these people have been insulting me all game.

"Even in the warm-up they were insulting me. They were saying things that are not nice to hear, personal things.

"I didn't plan it, not at all. I didn't even know that I would score. The way things were going from the warm-up, at the end it came into my head.

Apologise
"I would like to apologise to the steward for what happened, why not?"

Adebayor is also looking forward to playing against Arsenal at Emirates Stadium on 24th April 2010.

He said: "I can go and play at the Emirates for the return game, why not? I play for Manchester City and if they want me to go and play, I will play."

Adebayor also claims that Van Persie, who branded his former colleague's actions 'mindless and malicious', did not accept an apology after the match.

He added: "After the game I saw him and said sorry but he didn't even want to speak to me."

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5558457,00.html

I know some City fans who thnk it was deliberate and some who think it was accidental and I am with the latter group. All other fans (mainly Arsenal and the scum) have been condeming him and stuff on Facebook saying ban him and he's a c***. They say he is disrespectul and then write all that garbage, total hypocrites the lot of them, especially considering the stuff some of their players have got away with.

Anyway onto what I think, I agree that Ade is a tall guy, he was trying to dodge what could have been a very dangerous two footed foul from RVP and then his height and the sheer speed in which he avoided it meant that he lost his footing and put his foot down to prevent him falling. I even noticed in one camera angle he seems to try and knock RVP's head out of the way but RVP leaves his head there. If Ade wanted to go out to injure RVP he would have done a lot more than wait for him to try and foul him and give him a little graze on his face, the thing is Ade isn't that kind of player to do things like that and due to the way he left Arsenal they have a very bitter taste in their mouth and they would do anything to get Ade in trouble.

And why lie? RVP stated that Ade didn't speak to him after the match, Ade said he did apologise but RVP was having none of it, probably to get him into trouble and then ontop of that we even have evidence with that photo that Ade did go over to him and speak after the match. RVP is a total liar and if the FA believe what he is saying over what Ade is saying with evidence that RVP has lied I will totally lose what little faith I had left in the FA.

But we all know what probably will happen anyway, people laughed at us, said we were dreaming, said we wouldn't do it and so far we have done it with a 100% record of wins. That will have wound them up and on top of that it is one of the old top four who are trying to get us into trouble and we have Bacon Face at the weekend who would obviously like to see our top goalscorer for this season so far out. The FA are bias and at the end of the day it is a complete joke if Ade does get a ban or fine but what else can we do and I am already waiting to hear that he is banned/fined because the FA are a joke.

As for he celebration, if a crowd full of angry fans who once supported you were chanting personal things to you and jeering you and stuff would you not like to rub it in their face when you get a goal. I think that celebration was great and the Arsenal fans should have more control over themselves and not behave like thugs. Ade has also apologised to the steward and I don't think he was completely at fault for that, those fans should know to behave themselves. Our fans had RVP mouth off to us when he got his goal and did his little fingers under nose thing and stuff and we didn't react like thugish animals. If Ade is in trouble, RVP should get a similar punishment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.