Adebayor (merged)

Tez Tosterone said:
The work permit situation will be touch and go.

It's because Togo are ranked as 71st in the FIFA World Rankings, and Laws regarding the permits state that the home country for which the player represents must be at or under 70th position in those rankings.

I can only think that Adebayors work permit is about to expire and we will have to deal with this problem to renew it.

The other key criterion is that he has had to have played in a minimum of 75% of Togo internationals in the last 24 months. He may have failed this one. Not sure.

Anderson got one, stop worrying, plus when you move clubs, you need to re-apply.

Tez Tosterone said:

It's because Togo are ranked as 71st in the FIFA World Rankings, and Laws regarding the permits state that the home country for which the player represents must be at or under 70th position in those rankings.

I can only think that Adebayors work permit is about to expire and we will have to deal with this problem to renew it.

The other key criterion is that he has had to have played in a minimum of 75% of Togo internationals in the last 24 months. He may have failed this one. Not sure.

I think you need a new permit every time you change employers. it will be an appeal hearing because of the reasons you've given. 141 games 61 goals in the prem, it's completely nailed on. c'mon, if benjani got one..... ;)

Ticket For Schalke said:
Brucie Bonus said:
Changing the subject...we're on Talksport again.

Changing again...spoke to a Mexican bloke last night, 2200hrs EST, owns a small place in north Raleigh that does real Mexican food, he's from Guadalajara originally and is unhappy about the toss served-up and passed-off as Mexcian. We started talking about footie whilst quaffing our Bohemia Clasicas. When he found out I was a City fan he smiled, and said - "You signed Tevez today" - and I replied - "Indeed". You had to be there I suppose.

what you have???
Nothing to eat last night. Too late for me. I'd heard good things about it (have some Mexican neighbours), so I thought I'd pop up there and take a look around once the kids were tucked in. Very nice place, everything imported from Mexico, made in the place every day, and he told me that it doesn't cost more to make authentic Mexican than the fake stuff (which is everwhere). Place was spotless. Workers were spotless. Female staff perfect *cough*. No spotty, surly, black or white Yank teenagers who think they're too good for the job. Anyway, the Tevez thing was great to hear. Somone pass this on the Garry Cook...it's already working!

Tez Tosterone said:

Ade signed a new "long-term" contract with Arsenal in 18 Aug 2008, which is less than a year ago.
A work-permit for footballers are only valid for the length of the contract it applies to, so as far as I can understand he would have had to get a NEW WP for this contract.
Surely if he got a WP less than a year ago, he'll get one now? Not that much has changed...

It's been said several times before that footballers need one when they change clubs, it might be worth checking a few pages before the end when you post.

But in all honesty I think the chances of him getting knocked back are slim to none. I'm considering the work permit as a formality just to get out of the way. If he doesn't sign it will be something else.

Tez Tosterone said:

Thats for an automatic work permit, we got one for Jo last year and he has hardly played for Brazil and Elano the year before(at the time in the same boat).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.