Adebayor (merged)

ReVoRolla said:
rather have Drogba than Adebayor if i have the choice, but i still rate him all the same.

I wouldnt, Drogba is 31, and has never scored more than 20 goals in any league in 12 years. The past two seasons he has scored, 8 and 5 league goals for Chelsea. Adebayor is 25 and his past two seasons, in the league, he has scored 24 goals and 10 goals.

Diego1983 said:
mancityscot said:
Diego1983 said:
Dillon said:
Just don't want to get too presumptuous. Ade would be my favourite signing so far.

Really!!

Him and Barry. Because they are both out of the blue and unexpected. Plus he is a great player and fantastic goalscorer. Never in my dreams would I have thought we would get ade

well mine will be T&T (Tevez and Terry)

Mine would be AT&T (blues stateside would get that).

Bazzmand Show said:
ReVoRolla said:
rather have Drogba than Adebayor if i have the choice, but i still rate him all the same.

I wouldnt, Drogba is 31, and has never scored more than 20 goals in any league in 12 years. The past two seasons he has scored, 8 and 5 league goals for Chelsea. Adebayor is 25 and his past two seasons, in the league, he has scored 24 goals and 10 goals.

Yep - I would definitely rather have Ade than Drogba, and the stats above show why - plus, if we're talking moody, disruptive fookers, they don't come much worse than Drogba!

bigquinn772 said:
Diego1983 said:
mancityscot said:
Diego1983 said:

Him and Barry. Because they are both out of the blue and unexpected. Plus he is a great player and fantastic goalscorer. Never in my dreams would I have thought we would get ade

well mine will be T&T (Tevez and Terry)

Im not in the US, but I get it :D

bigquinn772 said:

You mean the giant telephone company that I've heard referenced in all sorts of mediums?

It's the UK fella not the back of beyond!

Another Gooner here chiming in...

Adebayor is still immense, and will be very good for you guys. We're not selling him because he's shit, but because he had his head turned by Milan last season and has been a want-away ever since. Wenger doesn't stand in the way of players that really want to leave, so I guess he waited until he had a replacement (Arshavin) before letting him go. The only thing I regret is that he had to leave on a sour note (the CL game against Manure), but I'll remember the good times.

_44551578_adebayor2_pa416.jpg

m9vwag.jpg

Re: For the Arsenal fan (Merson The King)

CBF said:
.......you mentioned Gibbs, Wilshere, Thomas, Walcott, Ramsey as young talent that Arsenal have produced.

Gibbs was a product of MK Dons (unless I'm mistaken), Ramsey of Cardiff, Walcott of Southampton.

Not sure how you 'acquired' the other two.

Should also be mentioned that as opposed to paying serious money for schoolkids (not sure what was decided on Gibbs, but Ramsey cost 5m & Walcott 8m) we actually bring ours through. All by ourselves. Cost free. Imagine that.

Gibbs was unattached when Wimbledon moved to MK Dons and we took him on but that was years ago now and not like we stole him. Wilshere has been with us since he was 9 as have Thomas, Lansbury, Randall (who I don't rate), Simpson etc.

There were only 4 players in the youth cup squad which where purchased into the youth system. Bartley (from bolton), Sunu, Coquilin (pronounced Cock-well-in) and... errrr... I'm sure there was one other but he didn't even play a game. So 12 homegrown out of 16 is not bad in my books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.