Adebayor (merged)

he will improve our team no doubt and is a lot better than what we have/had (benjani, vass, evans)....but he is not really what i think we needed......

suppose its about small steps forwards instead of giant leaps.

Ill say one thing tho...he is a lazy sod and his conversion rate per chances he gets isnt that great when compared to others and ive heard this criticism from a lot of gunners fans

No worries people.

Hughes is not an idiot.

We all know what EA is capable of .(Check out the fantastic goal v Spuds on the link higher up this thread)

The Gooners fans got on his case last season because he could not match his own awesome strike rate of the previous one (was it not 30-odd goals?) There's also a huge incentive for them now to focus on his weaker moments (that's human nature).

EA apparently doesn't like a lone striker role but we have 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 options now so we can accommodate him.

Will be brilliant in the African market and BTW my gooner-mad brother in law has admitted to me that he's a class act (though lazy).

I'm happy enough with this deal.

dom said:
No worries people.

Hughes is not an idiot.

We all know what EA is capable of .(Check out the fantastic goal v Spuds on the link higher up this thread)

The Gooners fans got on his case last season because he could not match his own awesome strike rate of the previous one (was it not 30-odd goals?) There's also a huge incentive for them now to focus on his weaker moments (that's human nature).

EA apparently doesn't like a lone striker role but we have 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 options now so we can accommodate him.

Will be brilliant in the African market and BTW my gooner-mad brother in law has admitted to me that he's a class act (though lazy).

Whats EA Sports got to do with anything, are they bringing FIFA out early this year?.

simon23 said:
he will improve our team no doubt and is a lot better than what we have/had (benjani, vass, evans)....but he is not really what i think we needed......

Ill say one thing tho...he is a lazy sod and his conversion rate per chances he gets isnt that great when compared to others and ive heard this criticism from a lot of gunners fans

This, This and this again.

Think he will be lazy, not get a great amount of games and cause unrest.

Good players when he wants to be, question is, how often will that be ?

doomuk said:
simon23 said:

This, This and this again.

Think he will be lazy, not get a great amount of games and cause unrest.

Mmmm this is a posibility - City fans dont like lazy players, we want to see blood and guts footy. However with the competition he will get from Rocky and Bellers etc his class (which he defo has) may come through.

dom said:
No worries people.

Hughes is not an idiot.

This... people keep saying they'd prefer Eto'o but this guy is prem proven AND nearly four years younger. I really do think last season can't really be used to judge him... especially when you consider that Fabregas was injured for a large part of last season and he is ESSENTIAL to the Arsenal team in terms of supplying the frontmen. Adebayor together with Tevez and Robinho is a mouthwatering prospect, anyone who can't see that is a fool...

Drogba and Eto'o both have serious attitude problems too let's not forget, I think however that Hughes is a strong enough character to be able to get the best out of Adebyor. If I were playing for Arsenal I'd have a hard time motivating myself too because they just aren't going to win anything. Sure they're in the CL but they'll never win it, just as they'll never win the premier league... at least at City he would be joining a club that has the resources and the ambition to actually win things.

Cambridgeblue said:
dom said:
No worries people.

Hughes is not an idiot.

This... people keep saying they'd prefer Eto'o but this guy is prem proven AND nearly four years younger. I really do think last season can't really be used to judge him... especially when you consider that Fabregas was injured for a large part of last season and he is ESSENTIAL to the Arsenal team in terms of supplying the frontmen. Adebayor together with Tevez and Robinho is a mouthwatering prospect, anyone who can't see that is a fool...

Drogba and Eto'o both have serious attitude problems too let's not forget, I think however that Hughes is a strong enough character to be able to get the best out of Adebyor. If I were playing for Arsenal I'd have a hard time motivating myself too because they just aren't going to win anything. Sure they're in the CL but they'll never win it, just as they'll never win the premier league... at least at City he would be joining a club that has the resources and the ambition to actually win things.
we have to give him a chance,i think he will be a good sighning for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.