Adebayor (merged)

I feel this is another Eto situation! Adebayor is holding out for a loyalty bonus when to the Gooners he's been nothing but trouble. I think we should give him today to sign or move on. I like all the other signings so far but Adebayor I really dont like!

awesome1 said:
I feel this is another Eto situation! Adebayor is holding out for a loyalty bonus when to the Gooners he's been nothing but trouble. I think we should give him today to sign or move on. I like all the other signings so far but Adebayor I really dont like!

Agreed he will be one of those players who we all rate but never quite take to. - Berkovic comes to mind - great player but what an arsehole of a guy.

Lets just wait and not judge him yet we don't know what is going on behind the scenes.
Sounds like he deserves the loyalty payment
and the arse should pay as he has been badly treated by them

Please tell me we are not really offering 170k a week to this guy, that would be an absolute joke. I am sorry, I know our owners are minted and don't give a shit but this just ridiculous.

I can somehow understand that Robinho earns 160k a week, he is a world class superstar, but Adebayor? Surely that must be wrong information!

If Ade has been sold behind his back then he deserves any loyalty payment that he is contractually obliged to. If his agent takes 2 mill from the deal then that's where it comes from.......I would guess this is done and gets concluded today.

avoidconfusion said:
Please tell me we are not really offering 170k a week to this guy, that would be an absolute joke. I am sorry, I know our owners are minted and don't give a shit but this just ridiculous.

I can somehow understand that Robinho earns 160k a week, he is a world class superstar, but Adebayor? Surely that must be wrong information!

imo he deserves this wage, he is one of two players in the world that are big,good in the air, and can dribble very comfortably.

The other being ibrahimovich, but yea hes being a little greedy with the 2m he wants from arsenal.

Beats me how the press know how much we are offering the players, I have always thought that would be confidential between player and club. If the information was public you would expect them to get the same figures but they don't, so as far as I am concerned they are guessing and trying to make a story out of nothing.

my own opinion on all the ade stuff is, that i get the feeling he's not hughes signing, i just get the feeling this 1 has been forced on him, just my opinion! if ade comes and puts a city shirt on i'll support him, but from what i see and hear, i dont like the guy, good player but seems an arse! IMO we have rsc a guy who seems geniunley thrilled and excited at being at city, this guy if injury free will do a fine job as our leading striker!

Lomas has a lob on said:
my own opinion on all the ade stuff is, that i get the feeling he's not hughes signing, i just get the feeling this 1 has been forced on him, just my opinion! if ade comes and puts a city shirt on i'll support him, but from what i see and hear, i dont like the guy, good player but seems an arse! IMO we have rsc a guy who seems geniunley thrilled and excited at being at city, this guy if injury free will do a fine job as our leading striker!

Dont listen to the arsenal fans, it wasnt him who flirted with barca or milan they came asking for him because he scored 30 goals that season.

But the arsenal fans just keep on bashing him at every opportunity, he didnt say he wants to leave,ever.

And this is a hughes signing,he fits the bill perfectly.

Lomas has a lob on said:

As much as I dislike Adebayors attitude (I sooner we passed and moved on) I genuinely think all the buys this summers are Hughes signings. He is 100 per cent in charge of transfers in my view and the club have done a great job backing him 100 per cent. I think this could be a big factor in the John Terry saga because our owners are genuine backers of the manager while Roman seems to want a puppet who he tells what to do - and he has just appointed the ultimate puppet - fresh from doing whatever Berlosconi told him to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.