Adebayor (Merged)

moomba said:
BillyShears said:
Does it really bother you that much that some people are capable of seeing footballers as something other than two dimensional tabloid inventions without a soul, are any emotion?

I wouldn't wish what happened to Ade upon anyone, not even you...

People are turning this into something that it's not.

We've all expressed our sympathy and sorrow about the events of Cabinda, we're all (well most) readily prepared to accept that Adebayor will need time away to get his head right.

The vast, vast majority of those being slated have not been outraged by his actions, they haven't been wound up by it, they haven't been upset by it and they're not demanding draconian punishments for him. They've just expressed an opinion that it wasn't a smart thing to do, and that has been backed up by the fact that he was on the TV a day later "correcting" his mistake.

It's sad that people are trying to turn things into anything more significant than that.

Although I agree with you to a certain extent, the "bleeding hearts" comment was uncalled for. There have been enough "he's a fucking dick", "he's disgraced our club", "he may as well have wiped his arse with a City shirt" type comments to warrant people getting their backs up.

And all in all, those comments are far more of an embarrassment to this board than anyone who's calling for people to be a little more sympathetic...

I would love this thread to go away now, the time is right.

I'll just need the all consuming power of moderation for 5 minutes or so Ric...

(and yes, I am aware that I just bumped it again ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.