Adebayor on strike.

BlueBas said:
blue_taff said:
don't get me wrong i think it is right to get rid of them, and actually think tevez was more of a disruption to the team last year than the out of favour bellemy and adebayor, goals or not. if they are not willing tow the company line ie mancini, or make it obvious they want to move, then a move must be engineered thats is ffair to both parties.

i just think it came accross as spiteful to ade in particular, who is known to be a very 'complicated' young man, but is a great footballer, who if managed in the right way will do the job at the highest level, and just wasnt given a chance in the premiership last year.

all in the past now really, just don't want anything happening like this again. ie top level players sidelined. even if the player is unproffessional they must be treated properly not publicly humiliated. the club has got to start thinking about PR. if AJ stays, I will be interested on how he is dealt with this season, as he is unlikely to be first choice but in his own head will think of himself as world class

Sorry blue_taff, but Bellamy and Manu are both after screwing our beloved club and therefore us. Bellamy went on loan to his beloved Cardiff all last season, funded 100% by City. He was a big fish in a smaller pond and barely set the championship on fire with his performances. Now he's back, he's trying to engineer another fully funded loan move, because he wants his full pay. What's he offering in return for that full pay? Bad mouthing Mancini and City for the way he's been treated to anyone who'll listen. If he wants respect he needs to earn it. Keep his mouth shut and respect the club who are paying his wages! If he doesn't like it, then do one. But he wants it all. The high wages with nothing to City in return. City should gag him with a fine every time he slags us off!

I do feel sorry for Manu, with all he's been through. But now all he's after is a cut price move to Real. They're making noises like they don't want him, so they can drive the price down. Manu's helping this by rejecting moves elsewhere, and even going on strike!

I have no sympathy! They're paid big wages to deliver. In order for Mancini to gauge how they fit in to his plans, they need to train with the team. Both made it clear they didn't want to put the work in last year, so both are no longer part of Mancini's and therefore City's plans. I think Mancini does right keeping their poison as far away as possible from the team! The sooner they're gone the better! We all say we want players to want to play for the shirt. Mancini's shown he's building that ethic. Anyone who doesn't show the willingness and desire, is rightly shown the door. So lets stop worrying about these spoilt brats and start enjoying a very bright blue future!

The problem with that BlueBas is that your argument is not factual. Mancini was the first one to go to the press with quotes on last season's preseason tour in the US saying that he didn't think Bellamy would be in the 25 man squad. It was after that, that Bellamy conducted that interview saying that he felt he was being pushed out of the club, hence beginning his reign as the club's "poison". Bellamy didn't try to engineer a move, the club gave him his wish of going to Cardiff to hush the whole situation because Bellamy was considered a fan favourite, had a contract and had just come off a season that should have guaranteed a spot in the squad. Mancini knew this as Vieria recently spoke about how Mancini knew leaving Bellamy out of the team would be a risky decision knowing he was a fan favorite.

"What I respect most about Mancini is that he isn't afraid to make the big decisions. Remember last summer when he allowed Craig Bellamy to join Cardiff - even though he knew this was a player the fans loved," Vieira was quoted, as saying by The Daily Mirror.

http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/Sports/20110731/1802945.html

Make no mistake, this isn't a player versus the club situation. It's business, nothing more, nothing less. Everyone is protecting their own interests. The club is advertising players as available via the media who have guaranteed contracts, in some cases without the player's knowledge or consent. That's ok, but not ok for a player to engineer the best possible situation for himself?

The fact of the matter is that we signed most of these "deadwood" players prior to the date where the salaries are exempted from losses in regards to our FFP calculations, so we are not trying to save salary here, it's the profit that we would make by selling them that's the only sticking point.

Why as a player having come off a good season, would you except being sold to another club to make less wages simply so that your current club can make a profit of you after having previously sold you on a long term project?

Whether or not moving these players on was the right decision to be made, it's a little too convenient for these players to take the blame for what was essentially a bad decision amongst a group of individuals including Cook, Marwood and both Hughes and Mancini to offer these players the money they are on.

If you accept that we needed to pay that money to attract that calibre of player at the time, then we just swallow that loss, thank the mercenaries and move them on promptly. If you accept that the we were foolish enough to pay these players, then the blame lies with those who negotiated the contracts on belhalf of the club and not the players who are collecting the wages.<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:13 am --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
macmanson said:
Does anyone else think that this whole thing might have just been made up by the press and has absolutely nothing to do with reality? The following article has a picture showing Adebayor in training with Sergio Aguero.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...guero-does-care-Carlos-Tevez-leaves-City.html

In addition, Mancini is recently quoted on Adebayor and Bellamy saying the following:

Another out of favour striker, Togolese Emmanuel Adebayor, was loaned to Real Madrid for the second half of 2010/11.

Mancini is happy for the former Arsenal man to join Real on a permanent deal, but it remains to be seen if the Spanish giants are interested in acquiring the 27-year-old.

“He wants to go to Real Madrid and if they want to take him, they can. We have four top strikers and it is really difficult,” Mancini said.

“Manu is a good striker. We can’t carry six strikers. He needs to play and I would be happy for him to go back to Real Madrid.”

“I hope he can go back there. It is like with Craig. We have a lot of strikers, but I can’t play six in the same strikers.”

“It’s important we find a good solution for them. I understand their situations.”

It amazes me how everyone just assumes that anything written, with quotes is automatically 100% indisputably true.

Well even today an article by Mike Whalley ref in the MEN clearly states that Ade is training with the youngsters,so the Daily Fail or your local columnist ??

Right, exactly my point. It's all in the press. All these reporters know that Ade is training with the kids but the club hasn't mentioned a single thing about it. Mancini has admitted to speaking to Bellamy at training. That they had about a 10 minute conversation and that Bellamy was a good guy.

“I met Craig two days ago and spoke with him for 10 minutes,” Mancini told the Daily Record. “What I said was if Celtic want Craig he can go. He can play for Celtic because they're a good team.

“It's possible if he wants it. We had a good conversation and it was friendly. He told me something I'll keep to myself. It's not easy for Craig to stay in Manchester.”

If there relationships with Mancini are as bad as the press makes out, why does he not address it ever? The press made up a story about AJ being out of the team and Mancini addressed that. He's been honest about SWP. Yet he's conveniently saying nice things about Bellamy and Adebayor even though he completely hates their guts according to the press?

I suppose you also believe that Balotelli hates Manchester and is trying to engineer a move away and that he wrote off his car because of a fish prank? I mean seriously? The insurance company just said yeah, no problem a couple of your buddies fucked up an expensive sports car as part of a prank but we'll gladly replace it without question! Fuck me, some people are gullible.

The fact of the matter is that we've joined the big time and will have stories manufactured about us all the time. It happens to even the so called Sky Four. Look at the shit that Wenger and Arsenal are going through with stories about how unsettled they are and how Liverpool look shaky this preseason, and how Torres could cause Chelsea to come undone. Even Giggs and Rooney from the press' favorite team the rags were pulled into scandals. The mind games are part of the culture at this level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.