Adebayor to Malaga

Black Solied said:
Neil McNab said:
I think some on here are forgetting the fact that we had to sign players who would come, not who we would actually want. These players were transitional signings to get us to the level where we could sign the likes of Silva, Dzeko & Ballo.
I said this at the time but many couldn't see any sense in the upheaval, I for one see the signings Hughes made as a stage we had to go through. The fact it's been so brief and we've leap frogged to where we are has surprised many in the game, Adebayor turned out to be exactly what we were told by the gooners, I didn't doubt their sincerity at the time. He's a talented footballer but he's all over place and doesn't offer enough over 90 minutes.

LOL! ye... buy all top club rejects and reject them later to buy better players...if we would have had Mancini as coach back then..we wouldn't have spent this much.

Idk if hughes had any plan when he bought Robinho for a inflated price. He just spalshed the cash on high profile players. Not many came..
Thank god we didin't buy Kaka for 100mil. Thank god he signed atleast a few players that was good enough for Mancini too.

And btw, Mourinho is a perfect example for building a team like that. He didin't need with chelsea any "first step"... he did the job straight away!
That's exactly how it's panned out, if you thought we were going to rule the world with Adebayor, Santa Cruz and Robinho you were deluded. We were always going to have a large turn over of players over these first couple of years. As for Mourinho your talking through your Harris, Chelsea were already established in the top 4 and already had top 4 players at the club, given all that they still went through a period where players came and went pretty quickly. Adebayor was a reject, as was Kolo for other reasons, if mid table Man City came calling two seasons ago, do you really think David Silva would have given us the thumbs up.

Black Solied said:
Only good thing was that he bought tevez, kompany, de jong! I bet he searched for players to sign from fm :D

I really liked Mancinis spotting of Adam Johnson.. hopefully more of those signings coming in the future.

That 'only good thing' happens to be the current spine of the team......

Secondly,i'm led to believe Johnsons arrival was more to do with Marwood than Mancini.

You ain't doing too well on this thread buddy.

I agree, we would never have got a player like Džeko, Yaya, Silva or Balo when we had just finished 10th the season before. We did well to get people like Adebayor in, he may well be lazy, but he helped take us to a new talent level (for a few months)

10.Goater_Legend said:
alera said:
I really hope this happens, the sooner he is gone the better.

He is a cancer on our club you could argue worse than Bellamy was.

He has been fit all season but how much has he played ? All the ability in the world but his attitude stinks. Just carried on a City where he left off at Arsenal. Hes disruptive and a trouble causer. Hated within the squad and training setup by all accounts.

Another shocking Hughes buy we are going to have to deal with the consequences. If we can get him out on a permanent basis be rid of the wages and maybe get £10 million back that would be brilliant business but I`m not holding my breathe.

Agree with every part of that post.

That would be because Mancini doesn't select him. Hardly Adebayours fault that. The manager, whom incidentally I support wholehartedly , doesn't rate him. It's as simple as that. Nobody is criticising Wayne Bridge, or SWP for not playing or being selected. There is a perception that Adebayour is a negative influence on the team and should be shipped out. In pure footballing terms I agree, it isn't working out for him and when he has played at times he has been shocking. The miss against Tiramasu (yes I know it's a fancy cake and not spelt correctly) is an example of his lack of form then he gets a hatrick against Poznan so if reports are true that Real want him then they must see some talent in the guy. He isn't a negative influence off the pitch and some of the media bullshit and hype around the guy shouldn't be believed.

It's not rocket science , new manager came in and doesn't like some of the old managers players. We need a reality check, we are talking about one of the best strikers in the world and want him out. We are lucky that we can be so choosy these days. Gerry Creaney anyone?

FantasyIreland said:
Black Solied said:
Only good thing was that he bought tevez, kompany, de jong! I bet he searched for players to sign from fm :D

I really liked Mancinis spotting of Adam Johnson.. hopefully more of those signings coming in the future.

That 'only good thing' happens to be the current spine of the team......

Secondly,i'm led to believe Johnsons arrival was more to do with Marwood than Mancini.

You ain't doing too well on this thread buddy.

Well idc, it's impossible to know who spotted him. Only inside the club they know. And yeah....i remember how awfull defence we had when Hughes took over. Playing with Tevez, bellamy, Adebayor same time was absolutly awfull.

Now we have ony conceeded 16 goals. If Hughes was still in charge it would be 2-3x more. So not only his signings was bad... and dont tell me it isn't true!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.