Adebayor to Malaga

Rammy Blue said:
Project said:
No, he is done here.

Don't tell me that he actually is the father of Rooney's kid?

Well that's what the song says away.

Shame when he goes but he did have an extremely traumatic season last term and hasn't been able to shrug it off. What annoys me most is that he trains and fights and then the next day can't be on the bench because he has that 'heel injury' again. More like RM can't trust him so chooses Jo instead.

If his difficulties as Project refers to lie outside Man City then it won't matter where he goes it won't make him the striker we know he is capable of in a new team.

No doubt the world cup drama has had a negative and lasting impact on his performance level and motivation but when he plays 90 minutes for us he still looks like scoring often enough and does so to justify a place ahead of Jo at least.

As project said his personal concerns when told us in time might help explain why Mancini has given him much less game time than I would have thought he would have.

Finch said:
alera said:
I really hope this happens, the sooner he is gone the better.

He is a cancer on our club you could argue worse than Bellamy was.

He has been fit all season but how much has he played ? All the ability in the world but his attitude stinks. Just carried on a City where he left off at Arsenal. Hes disruptive and a trouble causer. Hated within the squad and training setup by all accounts.

Another shocking Hughes buy we are going to have to deal with the consequences. If we can get him out on a permanent basis be rid of the wages and maybe get £10 million back that would be brilliant business but I`m not holding my breathe.

What did Bellamy do wrong? Have I missed something? His example was amongst the best set in our team, along with Carlos, Kompany and de Jong.

Didn't respect Bobby.

lets hope this malaga thing happens, sooner he goes the better and lets hope its permanant. i never liked this guy,i hated watching him play, frustrated the fooking life out of me he did, having said that, good luck to him and at least if he fucks off to spain we can still watch him on sky sports , any chance of him taking the other 2 useless twats with him, jo and rsc?

10.Goater_Legend said:
keemcfc said:
He was by no means a shocking signing.

He's one of the most talented strikers the world has ever seen, and he helped us tremendously in his first season with us, but he has one huge problem which was present at Arsenal, but seemed to dim when we got him, but has been getting rapidly worse for a good few months now.

He's got an attitude like Bellamy, but Bellamy uses his attitude to his advantage, as it was caused by his desire to win. But Ade has his attitude, but not his motivation, infact, he seems totally dissinterested in football.

That does not however make him a bad buy, not by any stretch.

Just remember that not long before he turned up, we had to pick between Samaras, Corradi and Vassell to lead the line.

I think he's had more than his time at this club now, but he will never be a bad buy for any club he goes to.
Steady on now mate.
He is, I didn't say THE best, but one of the best in the world, but his atitude is terrible.

Black Solied said:
What the fu**? He will allways be a City flop. You dont pay 25m pounds and give 150k pounds a week for a guy to score 12 goals for 1 season and in the next season to starts fighting in the training and become completly useless.
Well, if we knew that he was going to be like that then, we wouldn't have baught him.

And don't say 'he was like that at Arsenal' because every City fan loves Bellamy, and I can't think of a club where he hasn't been a twat.

Plus, I bet everyone was estatic when he signed, so how can anyone say we shouldn't have got him? Unless they could see into the future.

I'm not defending him by the way, as I want him out of the club now we have Džeko, but I'm just saying:

A) he's a absolutely fantastic player who could get into (almost) any top team in the world, if it wasn't for his attitude/lack of motivation.

B) when we got him, he was a great buy, but if we had gone after him now, it wouldnt be a good move.

I think some on here are forgetting the fact that we had to sign players who would come, not who we would actually want. These players were transitional signings to get us to the level where we could sign the likes of Silva, Dzeko & Ballo.
I said this at the time but many couldn't see any sense in the upheaval, I for one see the signings Hughes made as a stage we had to go through. The fact it's been so brief and we've leap frogged to where we are has surprised many in the game, Adebayor turned out to be exactly what we were told by the gooners, I didn't doubt their sincerity at the time. He's a talented footballer but he's all over place and doesn't offer enough over 90 minutes.

Neil McNab said:
I think some on here are forgetting the fact that we had to sign players who would come, not who we would actually want. These players were transitional signings to get us to the level where we could sign the likes of Silva, Dzeko & Ballo.
I said this at the time but many couldn't see any sense in the upheaval, I for one see the signings Hughes made as a stage we had to go through. The fact it's been so brief and we've leap frogged to where we are has surprised many in the game, Adebayor turned out to be exactly what we were told by the gooners, I didn't doubt their sincerity at the time. He's a talented footballer but he's all over place and doesn't offer enough over 90 minutes.

LOL! ye... buy all top club rejects and reject them later to buy better players...if we would have had Mancini as coach back then..we wouldn't have spent this much.

Idk if hughes had any plan when he bought Robinho for a inflated price. He just spalshed the cash on high profile players. Not many came..
Thank god we didin't buy Kaka for 100mil. Thank god he signed atleast a few players that was good enough for Mancini too.

And btw, Mourinho is a perfect example for building a team like that. He didin't need with chelsea any "first step"... he did the job straight away!

Black Solied said:
And btw, Mourinho is a perfect example for building a team like that. He didin't need with chelsea any "first step"... he did the job straight away!

I may be wrong but hadn't the Tinkerman built a pretty impressive team prior to Mourhino's arrival?

The foundations had been lay so to speak.

FantasyIreland said:
Black Solied said:

I may be wrong but hadn't the Tinkerman built a pretty impressive team prior to Mourhino's arrival?

The foundations had been lay so to speak.
You are correct.

I know we like to stick Hughes for poor purchases, but for fuk sake, those were some of the best players he could attract at the time. Personally I think there were better players he could have gotten, but most played outside of England. And Hughes was a England man. If you didn't play here, your chances of being spotted by Hughes was very slim.

We could have easily gone the route of scowering all the smaller leagues for Gems. We could have unearthed Pastore in Argentina, picked up up and coming studs from France, Moscow and even Germany, and the project could have cost us about half what it did. And we would have probably still finished in the 5th position and then be in a good position to upgrade like we are doing now. But instead we blew 24 or Les, 18 on Roque, 50 on Kolo/Bayor, and 32 on Robihno. 120 between those 5. And 4 of them are out/on the way out/not starters.

It is still bad expenditure if you ask me! Even thoufh I understand our position at the time

Thats why we have SCOUTS! Our club reputation would be much better if he wouldn't have bought that many flops! I bet Wenger is laughing for selling ade for 25m. And Perez for selling Robinho. And probly all those flop player managers!

Only good thing was that he bought tevez, kompany, de jong! I bet he searched for players to sign from fm :D

I really liked Mancinis spotting of Adam Johnson.. hopefully more of those signings coming in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.