Adebayor to PSG for £12m?

Don't agree with many opinions here. Firstly we didn't do them any favours, so they have no reason to be greatful. Saying stuff like that makes our board seem incompetent or idiots. We can't force a player to move just anywhere and Adebayor made it clear he wanted to stay in England. So we negotiated a deal that was financially beneficial to us. Meeting the FFP regulations can only be done by making sound financial decisions and paying somone on Adebayors wages to hang around the training ground doesn't make sense. The only way we could progress so quickly as a club was by paying absurd wages to attract big name players. We are now seeing the fallout of that, but it isn't something that has come as a shock to our board and was just something that had to be done. Our fans need to realise that and stop moaning everytime we have to offload a player cheaply.

The simple fact is nearly all the potential buying clubs of our deadwood aren't going to be able to pay anywhere near the wages our players are on. So in most cases we are going to have to massively drop our asking price. Fans can bleat on all they like about PSG, but if Adebayor doesn't want to play there, there isn't that much we can do.

Those saying they'd like to see if Spurs can find a better striker for less than £15 million are missing the point. I'm sure they'll offer more than that for Remy or Damiao. But the overall cost of the deal will almost certainly be much less than signing Adebayor. Adebayor will have virtually no value in 4 years time and would cost them around £100,000 per week (he aint going to take a bigger pay cut than that). So anyone signing him will be effectively writting off £20 million over 4 years and the transfer fee. So, if he was £15 million, the deal would cost a buying club around £35 million. There are very few clubs that can afford that sort of deal and I'm not sure any that could are realistic options.

Our board wont be doing Spurs or any other club any favours. Any club buying Adebayor is going to be taking on, what for them, is a huge financial burden, even if he's signed for free. The simple fact is why were always going to lose large sums on player like Adebayor and the board would have always been aware of it.

fuck spurs-the rags of the south....

As for Adebayor.....I really couldn't give a fuck where he goes but 170k per week off our wage bill is one big signing

To be honest, even if I understand the club's intent to stop players and clubs blackmailing it, I would "approve" current deadwood to be given for free if necessary.

Adebayor's wages are stopping City to bring some huge-profile player and Bridge's and RSC's to bring 2 very good playes (each barely less than reported wage offer to Hazard).

It's time to close that book and save 300k+ per week.

MrDaveyHavoc said:
Are not wages from contracts signed before June 2010 excluded from FFP?

Indeed they are. Let him rot if refuses to go to the team that meets our asking price. Though we should factor his wages and contract length into that price. 10 million is a fair price.

Edit:

If Mancio is right, then get what we can get for him and get rid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.