Adebayor to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Chippy_boy said:
I think letting Ade go to Spurs would be a really really really bad idea. 3 reallies.

They were very unlucky with injuries last season and even so, if they had a half decent striker who could put away the umpteen chances they missed, they could have finished even higher.

And make no bones about it, Ade is a world class striker. His attitude may be questionable, but when he puts his mind to it, he is as good as anyone. Why Mancini never rated him is beyond me.

We write Spuds off at our peril and giving them the very thing they are missing is madness.

Call me arrogant if you like, but I don't think Spuds will even be on our radar this season..Ade or no Ade

You're arrogant !!

I agree 100% mind.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Chippy_boy said:
I think letting Ade go to Spurs would be a really really really bad idea. 3 reallies.

They were very unlucky with injuries last season and even so, if they had a half decent striker who could put away the umpteen chances they missed, they could have finished even higher.

And make no bones about it, Ade is a world class striker. His attitude may be questionable, but when he puts his mind to it, he is as good as anyone. Why Mancini never rated him is beyond me.

We write Spuds off at our peril and giving them the very thing they are missing is madness.

Call me arrogant if you like, but I don't think Spuds will even be on our radar this season..Ade or no Ade

Sorry mate, I think Chippy_boy is right. Adebayor is a very good player. Very underrated by many on here. Don't you remember how spurs could've beat us by some goals at the beginning of the season (had it not been for the excellent joe hart)?

IMO, It's true that we're the better team this season (citing our comprehensive defeat of spurs to grant us champions league football). However, Spurs are certainly on our radar at least. Adebayor is just what they need. A goal getter. He'll get you goals more proficiently than Pavlyuchenko. Offering aerial ability as close as you can get to Crouch (& better heading) while matching
the more clinical finishing of Da-Foe (pun intedended).

I think he's not in our team because Mancini want's someone with class like Dzeko. Although Dzeko didn't really perform as well as Ade did for Real last season, If he performs as expected, he's going to clearly be the better acquisition.

zangatangring said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Chippy_boy said:

Sorry mate, I think Chippy_boy is right. Adebayor is a very good player. Very underrated by many on here. Don't you remember how spurs could've beat us by some goals at the beginning of the season (had it not been for the excellent joe hart)?

IMO, It's true that we're the better team this season (citing our comprehensive defeat of spurs to grant us champions league football). However, Spurs are certainly on our radar at least. Adebayor is just what they need. A goal getter. He'll get you goals more proficiently than Pavlyuchenko. Offering aerial ability as close as you can get to Crouch (& better heading) while matching

I think he's not in our team because Mancini want's someone with class like Dzeko. Although Dzeko didn't really perform as well as Ade did for Real last season, If he performs as expected, he's going to clearly be the better acquisition.

9 points ahead of them last year..this summer we have strengthened considerably whereas they have stood still..if Modric goes then they will be lucky with a UEFA spot..at most they will be scrapping with Arse and the Dippers for 4th

We will be far stronger this year after a good preseason and are starting to look more like a team and not a group of talented individuals

TCIB said:
I suppose if i look at it from another angle then its not so bad. I mean like we get rid of Ade which can only be a good thing. I would want some cash also, no way is Lennon worth as much as Ade.

Are you factoring in wages?<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:08 pm --<br /><br />
Chippy_boy said:

You and I have different definitions of "world class."

IanBishopsHaircut said:
zangatangring said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

9 points ahead of them last year..this summer we have strengthened considerably whereas they have stood still..if Modric goes then they will be lucky with a UEFA spot..at most they will be scrapping with Arse and the Dippers for 4th

We will be far stronger this year after a good preseason and are starting to look more like a team and not a group of talented individuals

Yes, but how many points did they drop because they didn't have a decent striker? Spuds will be 5th or better this season, make no bones about it. And with Adebayor they would be a real threat for the 2nd and 3rd spots. In my view.

Chippy_boy said:
Yes, but how many points did they drop because they didn't have a decent striker? Spuds will be 5th or better this season, make no bones about it. And with Adebayor they would be a real threat for the 2nd and 3rd spots. In my view.

I can't see them being better than 5th. 1-3 will almost certainly be us, Chelsea and United. I have a hard time seeing Spurs beating Pool or Arsenal for the 4th spot. Bottom line, I think they will be well back of us and have no problem sending Ade their way. Not saying I necessarily want Lennon.

Tevez City said:
As I said before, Ade + 15m for Modric.

Why in the world would they do that when they can get 30 from Chelsea? NO WAY Ade goes for anywhere near 15 million.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Chippy_boy said:
And with Adebayor they would be a real threat for the 2nd and 3rd spots. In my view.

I'm sorry you are obviously suffering from some sort of delusional condition..I advise you ring up your GP tomorrow morning to arrange an emergency appointment ;-)

Bookmarked.

I'll bump this thread towards the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.