Adebayor to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scotland_WC2010 said:
The way to look at it is that Spurs aren't going to be consistant enough to finish above City. They're always a threat in the games vs the top teams and by giving them Adebayor on loan you are increasing the chance that they will take points from United/Chelsea/Arsenal. Also when it comes to City vs Spurs, Adebayor wont be able to play and since he will be the focus of their attack then they'll have less chance of winning that game.

Yea I think that must be the thinking at City should this one come off. At first I was dead against this loan move as I think spurs could be a threat to us, but people at City must be thinking that we'll be in the title race and Adebayor will help take points off our rivals whilst being unable to play against us. Best scenario - Ade scores winning goals against Chelsea and the rags leaving us as champions. Egg on face scenario - Ade makes little impact against rags and Chelsea but helps spurs to finish above us in the league, possibly knocking us out of a champs league spot. Risky. Personally I'd play it safe, but maybe the powers that be at City have plans for a couple more additions that will no doubt put us ahead of spurs with or without Ade?

If he went to Spurs it might not be a bad idea. He couldn't play against us and would definately take points away from the other top clubs.

Plus, we throw in a 'You've gotta give us 6 points' clause and the jobs a good'en.

Arsene said:
zangatangring said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Why bother when sweep and Weiss are no different.

Not sure about Weiss because I'm very excited about him. However, Let's be honest, Lennon is clearly better than SWP.
not at all....swp is better footballer imo

Maybe, but a winger's job is get to the byline and cross it in.
SWP rarely gets anywhere near.

Lennon into Dzeko? A match made in heaven for me.

Arsene said:
zangatangring said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Why bother when sweep and Weiss are no different.

Not sure about Weiss because I'm very excited about him. However, Let's be honest, Lennon is clearly better than SWP.
not at all....swp is better footballer imo

No way. Lennon tore city to shreds on numerous occasions. Although SWP's shots are very impressive for an out and out winger. Lennon is some way ahead when it comes to beating his man and getting a cross in. Exactly what Dzeko needs at times. Hope Balo/new winger/full backs can give it to him...

For me, Kolarov is the only full back who's crossing is more than good enough. I miss Boateng's crossing ability :(. Micah's still learning though!

I know City are dealing with Shyshters @ Tottenham and that that they wouldn't spend a tenner when a fiver would do but this situation takes the fookin' biscuit.

Especially when it is leaving us subsidising the players wage.

The deal, if it happens, better be good.

Left Peg said:
Mancio said:
deposit for Bale next year ?

I'd take Sandro

Awesome player. He's worse than De jong though (slightly, but enough). Too good to be a backup. I'd really like Diarra or De Rossi (their overall versatility is much maligned) to replace Barry. Sadly and crucially, De Rossi's decline is questionable and Diarra seems to be integral to R. Madrid's ambitions. The market is very tough on us at the moment.

zangatangring said:
macmanson said:
They'd have a decent chance in this year's Europa league as well. That would be some decent quality for Europa league play. It would be a big achievement for them. Talk they are interested in SWP as well but unlikely to land him due to wages.

I agree with you. I think Spurs probably have the best chance of all the teams.

D'ya think they'd really go for SWP when they have pennant?

I have a feeling ol' 'Arry might actually play some weakened sides in the Europa competition. I think the PL is going to be their # 1 priority, and he won't give a toss about winning Europa if they don't land top 4 again.

As for Stoke, yeah, I think they'd go for him in a heart beat. While Pennant is a good winger and has done well at Stoke since his PL return, I think they see SWP as a crossing option for Kenwyne Jones and possibly Crouch if them pick him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.