Adebayor to Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lennon is a good fit. The one thing we truly lack on the wing is pace, Lennon brings that. Ade clearly needs to go and Lennon had his issues with Ary last year, this seems to make sense, same reason why it makes me think this is all newspaper guessing and connecting their own dots. As much as I like Nasri as a player, he is clearly class, I would find it impossible to support him, he's just not my kind of guy and I'm not sure he'd fit in with the current group, which finally seems to be meshing a little bit without Carlito around, btw, what about a player plus cash deal involving Coutinho???? gets RM his midfielder, hes young and Inter get to keep eto'o and sniejder.

citizens_1976 said:
Left Peg said:
citizens_1976 said:
Why do we need to go out and spend another 20 million on a winger though when we already want Nasri? Lennon would make a good squad player and no one can compare him to an of our other players apart from SWP and he is a massive step up. He has qualities we lack, the pace that we lack.

Agreed on the Nasri front, that's if we are gonna get him. I don't agree that Lennon is a MASSIVE step up from SWP, opinions clearly differ on this thread but they are similar players (similar, not that same!). His pace is the only real danger, the rest (skill, passing, goalscoring) are matched elsewhere.

I'm not that fussed about Lennon and would be a little disappointed if we got him. We've been spoilt by the likes of Kun's signing suppose!

Name me a player who is a massive step up then?

Sanchez would have been but obviously wasn't to be. As would Tranny, but that aint gonna happen either. Nasri floats more central, so is not comparable. It all depends on how Mancini wants his team to pan out i.e. with more width (wingers a priority) or more fluid in-field passing (eg. Silva). Lennon, for me, sounds like an after thought.

Lads you can't let your love for SWP get in the way of the fact that he was useless last year. Lennon is so much better, whenever I've seen him his end product was decent and better than shaunies. We all know about his pace but he can get past players using skill too. He might not be as good as sanchez but he would still be a top addition.

grifter said:
Lads you can't let your love for SWP get in the way of the fact that he was useless last year. Lennon is so much better, whenever I've seen him his end product was decent and better than shaunies. We all know about his pace but he can get past players using skill too. He might not be as good as sanchez but he would still be a top addition.

I know Sweeps left foot isn't the best (!), but Lennon is so one footed he is often easily read. He consistently does the same move, albeit beating many a defender on the way. I respect everyones opinion on who is better than who, but he's not for me.

I wouldn't complain if we get Lennon. Good on the ball, still young, and is home-grown.

imo lennon is a good player and i do want too see the back of ade!!

but would it not be worth tempting spuds with maybe ade plus cash n try and land bale?

surely would be more realistic than ade for lennon

i would be content to give sweep a good shot this year tbf surely to god somebody must want badabayour?

Providing spurs can

A - get him to go there
B - afford his wages
C - keep him motivated for longer than 10 games not including playing arsenal and now city

He will definitely improve them more than Lennon would improve us.

However I would like to think we have moved on to a different level from spurs now.

If we are worried about what they are doing after last season and all the players we have signed we really would have a big problem.

I just see if getting rid of a big problem and distraction a player who contributes nothing for us now and replacing with one that we will find useful. No one else wants him at the end of the day soi think this would be good business.

Think we are writing off Spurs too easily. Top 4 again will be hard fought for. Spurs have a very large squad and if Modric had stuck his chance away at 0-0 v us instead of inches wide, the outcome could have been different.

Saying that, i think now alot of our players are in thier 2nd season with us and how we ended last year we can maintain that and push on but its not a given we will end up in the top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.