Adebayor.

Had his chance last night,if he was willing to fight for his place he should have been ripping up trees last night,instead he was as usual lazy,when he made a run it was towards the wings and then in front of the attacking winger giving the player no option but to play a short pass or nothing at all.

First off the pitch last night and I didn't notice any recognition to fans. This isn't the way to retrieve any sort of sympathy.

Is this another of Agent Hughes' gems on his way out? I personally hope not but he ahs to shape up quickly.

Come on Bobby, we can't be doing with players who think they are bigger than the team, regardless of how special or talented they are.

Some on here were actually clueless enough to think we needed one more "top class" striker along with Tevez, Adebayor, Balotelli and Jo a few days ago.

I warned them about this scenario of Adebayor being unhappy further in the season and it hasn't taken very long already

ste.sully said:
Come on Bobby, we can't be doing with players who think they are bigger than the team, regardless of how special or talented they are.

Some on here were actually clueless enough to think we needed one more "top class" striker along with Tevez, Adebayor, Balotelli and Jo a few days ago.

I warned them about this scenario of Adebayor being unhappy further in the season and it hasn't taken very long already

Letting Bellamy go may prove a poor move, so far of the four above only Tevez has shown the attitude and the skill needed. Balotelli is as yet unproven in the Prem League, Jo, the less said about him the better. Mancini seems to have adopted Fergies rule 'If you rock the boat, your out' so I guess Adebayor will go. Just hope Tevez stays fit

An different thread about last nights game had people saying he worked hard! Didnt see it myself and last night was his chance to stake a claim like Richards is trying to do and like Lescott tried to do last Monday. Good players at any level respond to competition for places I think whether thats Sunday league or the premier league because the genuinely WANT to play. Adebayor is still muttering about that shooting incident last year, hasnt showed anything in pre-season, if he goes though we would need to replace him. Tevez and Ballotelli would be the only out and out strikers left. (RSC and Jo do not count.) Id have a punt for Torres again. Offer Lpool, SWP, Ade, Bridge and cash. It gets rid of three players who have not reclaimed past glories and were all Hughes' buys. Surely Hodgson would recongnise that replacing Torres with more bodies for his wafer thin squad is reasonable business even if none of them are in his class.

I know this is a different subject, but there David Conn from the Guardian has just been on Talksport talking about Platini and City and talking about our annual losses due to the spending and have just spotted this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/26/michel-platini-champions-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ons-league</a> in the Guardian.

I was under the impression that this fair play ruling wasnt going to come into force until 2013 but reading between the lines it is 2011. Thoughts please

Moaning bugger, never scores that much anyway.
IMO will only be remembered for sprinting length of pitch vs the Arse.

You have to justify selection, and on last nights showing, he could never dislodge Carlos if we are to play a lone striker. Tevez was superb on Monday, his holding the ball up and linking play was first class.

want him to stay cos when he's good, he's good. his style of play prob makes it look like he can't be arsed but thas just his way. unless quotes have come from the city website, i dont believe them. the press are after any chance they can to rock the boat. if people start listening to them and get on his back on match days, they have succeeded. may not be everyone's cup of tea, but while he's playing for city, he has to be backed by us 100%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.