Adebayour to spurs 8 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor

Levy is smart, he knows you have to sell players. It's a risk as someone could swoop in and pay him the big wages, but who would do that? He's not worth 170k a week under any circumstances.

If TH is correct in his post it seems a deadline has been set in the next seven days. Prior to that deadline I would have been content for us to take this to the last day, setting that deadline has changed everything and considerably weakened our position in terms of offloading Ade. IMO if we want RVP we should bite the bullet on Ade we are talking 5 -6m, given the money we have spent over the last year or two it is a drop in the ocean and gets him out of our club. I am not happy about it but cannot see how else we can get RVP in.

Always thought contracts included a travelling clause where they have to live within certain distance of the club. Ah well maybe another cock up by city when negotiating his contract.

Rammyblues said:
If TH is correct in his post it seems a deadline has been set in the next seven days. Prior to that deadline I would have been content for us to take this to the last day, setting that deadline has changed everything and considerably weakened our position in terms of offloading Ade. IMO if we want RVP we should bite the bullet on Ade we are talking 5 -6m, given the money we have spent over the last year or two it is a drop in the ocean and gets him out of our club. I am not happy about it but cannot see how else we can get RVP in.

Always thought contracts included a travelling clause where they have to live within certain distance of the club. Ah well maybe another cock up by city when negotiating his contract.

Not too sure that it's Adebayor we desperately need to shift, would have thought its one of or first 4 strikers mate tbh

Dzeko is the one we need to offload

If we promote Johansen as third keeper (having released Taylor) for the CL squad it would mean we have two squad places. We could sign RVP and Agger without having to release anyone. The way I interpreted THs post was that at the moment we have 7 strikers including Guidetti on the books. I believed before we added an eighth one of those had to leave. IMO Ade wages will be roughly the same as RVP so it is a straight swap. With the seven days deadline imposed I was assuming that we would be getting shut of him rather than any others.

From a playing staff point of view we would have five world class strikers but we would then have more time until the end of the window to sell Dzeko. If that happened it would then allow a third squad player to be added. Of course if Kolo left and we signed DDR he can fill in anyway at CB in a back three. I have said before, I am not ruling out us going into the season with five strikers of RVP, Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli.

What we need is interest in Ade from other clubs.
Spurs are only in the Europa.
Story in Metro that Spurs are interested in Dzeko!

Plain Speaking said:

We can have as many clubs as you like interested in ade, but if they are not offering the wages he wants, its pointless

Cheadle Blue said:
Plain Speaking said:

We can have as many clubs as you like interested in ade, but if they are not offering the wages he wants, its pointless
Spurs arent offering the wages he wants also.
"Tottenham to abandon Emmanuel Adebayor move for Edin Dzeko
Tottenham look set to call off their bid to bring Emmanuel Adebayor to White Hart Lane and will instead focus on landing Edin Dzeko.
Adebayor was on loan in north London last season and is wanted by Spurs, but the club is growing frustrated at the lack of progress on a deal to bring him back on a permanent basis.
Dzeko, who scored 19 goals for Premier League champions Manchester City last season from just 26 starts, is said by Caught Offside to be fed up at his lack of first team opportunities.
Citizens boss Roberto Mancini is also keen to cash in on Dzeko rather than Adebayor as he knows he would get more money for the Bosnian hitman.
As the title race neared its conclusion last term, Dzeko fell further in the City pecking order behind the likes of Sergio Aguero, Mario Balotelli and Carlos Tevez.
Having cost the club £27million when he moved from Wolfsburg, he is not likely to come cheap to Spurs.
However, White Hart Lane chief Andre Villas-Boas has only Jermain Defoe available to him as a senior striker, so reinforcements are necessary.
It is said that he has identified Dzeko, 26, as the man to add firepower to his first Spurs squad.
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.