Adebayour to spurs 8 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor

Spurs have re-opened talks over Leandro Damiao, looks like we'll be stuck with the money pig.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-lose-patience-with-greedy-emmanuel-1217732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... el-1217732</a>

City relevant part:

City have warned Adebayor he faces the threat of spending the final two years of his contract in the reserves if he fails to agree a move, with ­manager Roberto Mancini insisting he will not be given another chance with the Premier League champions.

Mancini is furious Adebayor’s antics have jeopardised his hopes of signing Robin van Persie from Arsenal and City officials are dismayed by the player’s attitude.

It is understood Adebayor is travelling up to Manchester from London every morning to train with fellow City misfit Roque Santa Cruz before returning to the capital.

A City source told Sunday ­Mirror Sport: “Ade’s greed is unbelievable.

“He is just out to make money and does not care that he is endangering his career at the same time.

“Tottenham are also getting very annoyed by all of this.

“There is a real threat the move may not go through if Ade does not back down. If Ade has to stay at City, then Roberto Mancini has already made it pretty clear that he will just be left to rot in the reserves.”

City have tried to sound out other ­potential buyers or interested parties for Adebayor, including QPR and Liverpool, but there has not been any serious interest.

spurs will pay through the nose for damiao, as they should the guy is and WILL continue to get much better.

agree with LC and soulboy, dont understand why adebayor isnt playing in these friendlies either, hope hes atleast training with us and not fucking about here in the states

I dont want adebayor anywhere near the first team unless they're using him as a target for red arse.

I just dont understand the man. His wage demands are the stalling point... If he goes on loan/stays at city and rots in the reserves, we nor anyone else will pay him what he currently gets after his current contract expires. Going on loan surely can't be great for footballers in their prime (especially Ade). If they know theyre only there for a year, how can they make long term plans to win stuff and really be part of a team?
Either than or like i said he rots in the reserves and doesnt play any football...which will just lower his value even further until nobody wants him in their team. Staying a City is a lose lose situation for Adebayor. I just dont understand him.

Mad_fer_it said:
I dont want adebayor anywhere near the first team unless they're using him as a target for red arse.

I just dont understand the man. His wage demands are the stalling point... If he goes on loan/stays at city and rots in the reserves, we nor anyone else will pay him what he currently gets after his current contract expires. Going on loan surely can't be great for footballers in their prime (especially Ade). If they know theyre only there for a year, how can they make long term plans to win stuff and really be part of a team?
Either than or like i said he rots in the reserves and doesnt play any football...which will just lower his value even further until nobody wants him in their team. Staying a City is a lose lose situation for Adebayor. I just dont understand him.
not really, collects massive wages. and if he stays until his contract runs out(which would be kinda surprising but maybe not really all things considered) not playing any first team football for 2 years is a big deal as whatever club he goes to on a free he wont be in game shape and might have lost a lot of technique over that 2 years

only thing good for him here is the wages

cmdub said:
Mad_fer_it said:

not really, collects massive wages. and if he stays until his contract runs out(which would be kinda surprising but maybe not really all things considered) not playing any first team football for 2 years is a big deal as whatever club he goes to on a free he wont be in game shape and might have lost a lot of technique over that 2 years

only thing good for him here is the wages

He could make more playing for Spurs for 4 years than he could staying with us for the final two on his contract. Stupid move.

I am not a lawyer, but imo whoever wrote/signed Adebayor's contract needs shooting! It's always been plain to see Adebayor is a pretty stubborn and self centred character. While this can be a good trait for a striker, why on earth would any contract not include some sort of caveats/penalties about minimum games played or some such terminology to protect the club.
If any player refuses to sign a contract with reasonable terms along these lines, his attitude should be clearly doubted and the buying club must surely think again.

LoveCity said:
Spurs have re-opened talks over Leandro Damiao, looks like we'll be stuck with the money pig.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-lose-patience-with-greedy-emmanuel-1217732" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... el-1217732</a>

City relevant part:

City have warned Adebayor he faces the threat of spending the final two years of his contract in the reserves if he fails to agree a move, with ­manager Roberto Mancini insisting he will not be given another chance with the Premier League champions.

Mancini is furious Adebayor’s antics have jeopardised his hopes of signing Robin van Persie from Arsenal and City officials are dismayed by the player’s attitude.

[b]It is understood Adebayor is travelling up to Manchester from London every morning to train with fellow City misfit Roque Santa Cruz before returning to the capital[/b].

A City source told Sunday ­Mirror Sport: “Ade’s greed is unbelievable.

“He is just out to make money and does not care that he is endangering his career at the same time.

“Tottenham are also getting very annoyed by all of this.

“There is a real threat the move may not go through if Ade does not back down. If Ade has to stay at City, then Roberto Mancini has already made it pretty clear that he will just be left to rot in the reserves.”

City have tried to sound out other ­potential buyers or interested parties for Adebayor, including QPR and Liverpool, but there has not been any serious interest.

i would have him at the club at 7 in the morning and let him go home at 6 at night, then lets see him go to fucking london everyday

Adebayor

For me it's spurs fault they are getting a player for 5m who in the spurs side is a key player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.