Adebayour to spurs 8 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor

So as I wake up this Morning we are still not rid of this greedy sod....and the barrow boys of north London still holding out for their cheap deal. Well Chas and Dave, think again........

The Bish said:
So as I wake up this Morning we are still not rid of this greedy sod....and the barrow boys of north London still holding out for their cheap deal. Well Chas and Dave, think again........

Yet they wont accept a penny less than 35 mill for Modric..
They want to sell for top dollar but want to buy with peanuts..

samharris said:
The Bish said:

Yet they wont accept a penny less than 35 mill for Modric..
They want to sell for top dollar but want to buy with peanuts..
Yeh basic rule of profitable business buy low sell high.
Their owners are not short of money they just want to screw as much as they can. I hope our club realises they could be more serious PL and CL rivals with AVB and the proposed injection of foreign investment (and possibly the new olympic stadium to come?). Dont give in to Levy make a point of principle, other clubs are watching, in the long term being tough on this will save us money I'm sure.

NipHolmes said:
Soulboy said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Samuel Eto'o.

Yeah, he'd have jumped at leaving Milan to come to mid-table City for £100k a week...

Be serious mate.

-- Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:55 pm --

I'm not sure why everyone seems to get hung up on what fee we should pay for a player and whether or not he's worth certain wages.

It's not your money.

I still pay the same admission fee (relatively) as I did when Gerry Creaney and Laurent Charvet were our big signings.

If we sign no one ever again I will still be paying my season ticket every season. I'm really bemused as to why the panic has set in so early?

We usually leave it till nearer the end of a season...

Because we have arrived and now we are here, we want to stay here. We need to press on and make sure to build on what we have.

Chelsea have declared war this summer and United will be thereabouts as always.

Missing on Hazard was a gutter, but we need to move on and strengthen our weaknesses. CB, CM, Wing and Forward to replace outgoing one should Dzeko or Tevez move.

I am with Soulboy on this, the squad we have is superb, ther flapping on here is embarrassing. Does anyone really think Bobby signed a new 5 year deal without knowing there is big money to be spent, he is no mug - we will spend it, we are just biding our time, doing things properly, relax a bit

A few on here were praising Adebayor last week at how unlucky he was and how he hasn't fit into Mancinis plans.

Adebayor is a ****,and a greedy one to boot. I'd sell him to the highest bidder-end of. Another hughes shit signing

BringBackSwales said:
NipHolmes said:
Soulboy said:
Yeah, he'd have jumped at leaving Milan to come to mid-table City for £100k a week...

Be serious mate.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to get hung up on what fee we should pay for a player and whether or not he's worth certain wages.

It's not your money.

I still pay the same admission fee (relatively) as I did when Gerry Creaney and Laurent Charvet were our big signings.

If we sign no one ever again I will still be paying my season ticket every season. I'm really bemused as to why the panic has set in so early?

Because we have arrived and now we are here, we want to stay here. We need to press on and make sure to build on what we have.

Missing on Hazard was a gutter, but we need to move on and strengthen our weaknesses. CB, CM, Wing and Forward to replace outgoing one should Dzeko or Tevez move.

I am with Soulboy on this, the squad we have is superb, ther flapping on here is embarrassing. Does anyone really think Bobby signed a new 5 year deal without knowing there is big money to be spent, he is no mug - we will spend it, we are just biding our time, doing things properly, relax a bit

It's natural for some people to panic - we have now tasted success and some people want more.

I'm sure we'll do some good business, but we are 3 weeks from the Charity shield. We have Barry and Komps injured, half our team not back training yet.

We waited last close season for Sanches and lost out.

People just see the other teams around us strenghening yet we seem to be playing dodgy games waiting for players to leave who may or may not do so.

Other than being lumbered with more players we can't offload i don't really see the difference either way - say Dzeko leaves other teams know we now want a striker and charge more - if we buy first other teams know we want to offload and offer less.

You won't stop the flapping let them get on with it - I'd rather read flapping than half the bitching that goes on

just because chelsea have been active in the transfer market doesn't automatically make them title contenders,don't get me wrong they will be in the top 3 but the finished 20 odd points behind us last season ,that is a huge swing if they were to get close to us,we have managed to improve year on year under mancini,i expect us to do so again,even without a purchase!! do i think we will strengthen,for sure !!!

celf said:
just because chelsea have been active in the transfer market doesn't automatically make them title contenders,don't get me wrong they will be in the top 3 but the finished 20 odd points behind us last season ,that is a huge swing if they were to get close to us,we have managed to improve year on year under mancini,i expect us to do so again,even without a purchase!! do i think we will strengthen,for sure !!!

Exactly right. Di Matteo will have to revamp, well see if he's able to coach an attacking style.

celf said:

Chelsea's problem last year was at the back imo and who have they brought in to strengthen there? No one, I can see a case of too many cooks at Chelsea this year. With Mata, Torres, Hazard, Lampard, Marin, Oscar ,Willian??, Hulk??, Ramires how can they all play and if they do play with most of these then their midfield will have very little protection for the back 4. The good thing about other top sides strengthening is they will take more points of eachother which will help us if we can play well against them.

BringBackSwales said:
NipHolmes said:
Soulboy said:

Be serious mate.

It's not your money.

I'm not flapping. I'm just making a case for those that are.

Let's not get too carried away though. We won the league on GD and United were without their best defender in Vidic and they have since strengthened. We got off to a flyer in the league and we must again. I just feel we have inadequate cover at CB and no real CM quality bar Yaya. We have a single winger in Johnson.

Much is to be done but buying is always easier than selling. It's now a case of watching the clock tick whilst we wait for bids on Ade, RSC, Dzeko and Tevez, maybe a few others too. The problem is teams will wait till the latest possible time to save wages and also get fee cheaper by hoping we are desperate. The longer we wait the harder it will be to get top players as their respective clubs need yo source a replacement themselves.

If I were incharge I'd put forward an incentive to sign now. Lower players price for quick sale to make sure sales are completed by end of July. We may take a hit but this is the last time it happens as after this window we should only have players in the books that we want.

I'd also make a point of saying to AC Milan that they make their offers now or risk being ignored late in August. Their antics in Jan are still fresh, I detest that club. A man without his word is a man not worth his salt. If they told me the sun was out I'd have to open the curtains to check such is their stock.

Our weaknesses are clear for all to see. I can imagine that we already have targets ready and as soon as our players are sold then targets get snapped up one by one within a small time frame. It's just getting Spurs, Milan, Betis and Besiktas to get a move on.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:24 am --<br /><br />
mcfcdjr said:
celf said:

Chelsea's problem last year was at the back imo and who have they brought in to strengthen there? No one, I can see a case of too many cooks at Chelsea this year. With Mata, Torres, Hazard, Lampard, Marin, Oscar ,Willian??, Hulk??, Ramires how can they all play and if they do play with most of these then their midfield will have very little protection for the back 4. The good thing about other top sides strengthening is they will take more points of eachother which will help us if we can play well against them.

They got Cahill. I expect one more signing at defense at they are fine. Cole, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Luiz, Bertrand and a.n.other is a good backline imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.