Adebayour to spurs 8 mil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adebayor

My testimonial for Ade

He was who we needed at the time, things have moved on, no longer required, please fuck off ASAP. XXXX MCFC. :-)

Just read a piece on goal.com-Please can someone put my mind at rest that we won't be paying part of this cocks wages if he moves to Spurs-Please tell me this is not fucking true.

For a guy who nearly lost his life a few years back he is the ultimate fucking mercenary.

happy said:
I don't get all the love for Levy, sure he can broker a decent deal but in his 11+ years at Spurs they have won 1 League Cup; a sound business is all well and good but when was the last open top bus parade held for a bank book?
Arsenal have one every year.

happy said:
I don't get all the love for Levy, sure he can broker a decent deal but in his 11+ years at Spurs they have won 1 League Cup; a sound business is all well and good but when was the last open top bus parade held for a bank book?

I agree, comparing us to Spurs and Levy is very silly.

Spurs claim to be aiming up and have a reputation at present, that they don't want to sell, and want to build and challenge for the title. Whether true or not that's the general feel coming out of Spurs. They also have a small squad of top players (surrounded by a lot of poor fringe players) compared to us because their cash balance isn't what ours is they're trying to slowly build rather than City where we wanted to revolutionize the club through accelerated investment.

When it comes to selling deadwood, we were forced by the very nature of accelerated investment to offer big contracts to players who didn't necessarily deserve them. Spurs haven't done this because they simply can't. Selling a player with 170k wages who isn't really that special and a known trouble maker like Ade is, is an almost impossible task, and I don't think Levy would be any better at it than our lot.

If Ade was on low wages we would have loads of bids and we could hold out for a decent fee. Like Spurs have a lot of good players, but on shit wages, hence you see huge fees for a lot of their players.

We have a lot of good players on high wages we're looking to offload asap. The market knows this and hence prices are low. If it were the other way round (like at Spurs) the fees would be high. Simple.

Comparing us to Levy and Spurs is chalk and cheese.

In a couple of years when we've either sold the deadwood or payed off their contracts and the only players at City are the ones we want/youngsters, the balance will be restored and we'll start to look like every other big squad out there. Lots of good players, and all of which we need!

Just read a piece on goal.com-Please can someone put my mind at rest that we won't be paying part of this cocks wages if he moves to Spurs-Please tell me this is not fucking true.

For a guy who nearly lost his life a few years back he is the ultimate fucking mercenary.

Only that it makes no sense. If Spurs are really going to let Defoe go to QPR they will have no strikers whatsoever. A top line striker who will score you 17 goals in prem is likely to cost anything between 15 -20m and that is a conservative estimate. Put on top of that say 70K per week over 4 years that is another 15m so the outlay will be anywhere between 30 -35m. Ade including wages from what we want will cost him 11m, plus his wages at 100k per week over 4 years is a total 31m, so the cost side is comparable with the lowest estimate above without the unknown as to whether he can perform in prem league, no bedding in so to speak.

From our perspective yes it would be nice to have the money but why give a striker to a top six team who can play against us and potentially help them to six points against us. Be better to loan him again, at least he can take points off our rivals but not us. Better still if we are to loan him or give him away on effectively a free transfer I would rather it be to a mid table team and not a rival. They need to buy him more than we need to sell him although I accept by getting rid it maybe frees up funds for some of our targets. This is a balancing act and gamemanship.

this guy is a joke , on top of spurs matching his wages he wants to take the 4mil signing fee , are you kidding me ?

b2b said:
this guy is a joke , on top of spurs matching his wages he wants to take the 4mil signing fee , are you kidding me ?

We won't be matching his wages mate. We'll be paying him max £100k a week. He'll get a large signing on fee subsidised by the 'nothing' transfer fee you're forced to sell at, which if it's £5m will equal £20k a week over five years, but that's it.

Tartaruga said:
b2b said:

We won't be matching his wages mate. We'll be paying him max £100k a week. He'll get a large signing on fee subsidised by the 'nothing' transfer fee you're forced to sell at, which if it's £5m will equal £20k a week over five years, but that's it.

you know this how ? dont do the usual we dont do that crap pls...It was suggested by manager and chairman last year that you paid more than that in wages on his loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.