Adverts that drive you mad

By 'any ad', you mean every fucking one! It should go without saying that racial diversity within families is a positive thing (in fact, the more the better in my view) but why is practically every single couple in the weird parallel universe of advertising portrayed as mixed race? If TV ads are a form of artistic expression - as most self-obsessed wankers in advertising and marketing would have us believe - shouldn't art reflect life? Or might it just be virtue signalling by cynical organisations only interested in their bottom line?
It's not even virtue signalling, it's fear of being tagged as racist.

That lot who are in various beds in a field
The duvets washed in Fabreeze ir something
And refusing to get up
Ffs

It's not even virtue signalling, it's fear of being tagged as racist.
I would argue it's a combination of both this and virtue signalling, particularly as they're obvious bedfellows. You know the world's gone fucking nuts when you buy a packet of cat treats and see a note on the side declaring the manufacturer's support for Pride!

By 'any ad', you mean every fucking one! It should go without saying that racial diversity within families is a positive thing (in fact, the more the better in my view) but why is practically every single couple in the weird parallel universe of advertising portrayed as mixed race? If TV ads are a form of artistic expression - as most self-obsessed wankers in advertising and marketing would have us believe - shouldn't art reflect life? Or might it just be virtue signalling by cynical organisations only interested in their bottom line?
You never see mixed British/Polish or Scandinavian couples.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.