Advice

'If you can afford it' being the most important part of this post.
Check the new rules on unfair dismissal and employee grievance procedures.
£250 to lodge a claim, £950 for the hearing if it gets that far.

Why are the company charging you if the Police are not?

Anyhoo...

Keep a cool head.
State the facts only.
Take a colleague with you.
Make sure everything is written down and that you get a chance to read it properly before you sign it.

Some questions.

What did the company do about your assault?
Are the other 5 Guards in the same boat?
Did you make a statement to the Police?
If you did, do you have the copy?

Don't walk out.

As others have said, you should have a handbook from your company. Read the bit about disciplinaries.

Depends mate. Probably not the same but my first job was for BT (Manpower was my agency). My BT manager was a horrible **** who basically forced me out and just made my life hell until the thought of going to work filled me with dread. Manpower were great but there was only so much they could do. I went through all of the shitty "programmes", got written up and a final warning until I was basically going to be sacked within the next few days. Just strolled in to work with the biggest grin on my face, went to my Manpower rep and told them I was resigning. Felt fucking brilliant. Spent my 5 days notice just having a fucking laugh knowing the boss couldn't touch me. Transfered people to stupid departments and just generally had a great time.

None of that probably helps you but if it ain't good for your health just fuck them and leave. My mantra has always been " it's just a job".

I'm a security officer and they said I used unreasonable force which is a load of bollocks as I have viewed the CCTV footage just feel that out the six officers involved in the incident there after me,The best of it all is the police have charged the group which caused the incident with affray and I was assaulted in the process

I've heard these Take That gigs can get a bit tasty like.

I've got a Disciplinary hearing at work tomorrow for gross misconduct,which is a load of bollocks with the company being sly,and on a witch hunt,do I resign before the hearing because it will be hard to get another job being sacked or see if I just get a written warning my heads all over the place.
Good luck today mate.

Good luck Chev. I wish I could give you some decent advice as I also work in security and I am forever trying to be fucked about by management. They even tried to discipline me for not one of my immediate colleagues a useless lazy bastard (who incidentally got the tin-tack after being found to be just that a few weeks later!!). You couldn't make it up and as somebody said earlier it is just a job. I live for the day when I piss off out of the door for the last time!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.