African Cup of Nations - What are we going to do?

KennyG said:
Yann Mvilla, javi martinez, ganso, de rossi, maybe it depends on champs lge but we need a CM, CD, bring guidetti back as 4th striker as well

DeRossi would be an absolutely fantastic signing - world class

Razak may also be selected. Gutted that Cameroon didn't qualify so the Spuds will be at full strength. It would be nice for Yaya or Kolo to gracefully retire from international football for the sake of their professional careers but very unlikely.

lionheart said:
Razak may also be selected. Gutted that Cameroon didn't qualify so the Spuds will be at full strength. It would be nice for Yaya or Kolo to gracefully retire from international football for the sake of their professional careers but very unlikely.

Very unlikely indeed. Besides, it is good to see African teams being very competitive in international play; it will only lend to continued development of exceptional talent.

Yaya and Kolo are icons in Cote d'Ivoire and seem to see it as their duty and privilege to play for the national side. I wish some English players felt the same.

I have a really strong feeling we will go in for De Rossi. Mancini never shuts up about him and i don't blame him, the lad is world class.
I know Roma is his 'sweetheart' team but i believe if he wants any chance of winning some serious trophies he should be joining a team like City, plus he is not getting any younger.

If De Rossi was so certain on staying at Roma, a contract would of been signed by now. Numerous articles are posted from Italy regarding De Rossi's contract at Roma, doesn't it end in summer??

Lets wait and see..

Do we have much scope for a big signing like De Rossi, what with FFP and all that? I'd expect to see someone come in on loan until the end of the season as cover. Is Gago still rotting in Madrid, or has he moved on? Or is he injured?

Tricky_Trev said:
Do we have much scope for a big signing like De Rossi, what with FFP and all that? I'd expect to see someone come in on loan until the end of the season as cover. Is Gago still rotting in Madrid, or has he moved on? Or is he injured?

But if we sell Tevez and buy DeRossi its kinda negated, although I'm not convinced Tevez will go due to lack of serious / acceptable offer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.