After winning the League

If we could rest maybe silva or kev and let foden or diaz play the remaining games it would be nice for them.

But the 100 point tally should be a focus

We need to remain at full strength for the remaining games, so that we can get to 100+ points. This team will be remembered forever as "The Centurions".

Sure bring on Foden, Diaz etc, but only once the result is a foregone conclusion.

Some of the players will want a bit of a rest before the World Cup, but we don’t have any high profile midweek games left, so now it is a matter of being professional against teams in the relegation dogfight. I don’t think anyone wants City to start picking favorites to go down, and everybody game is absolutely winnable, even using some of the younger talent for good portions of the game.

That said,100/100 has to be the target once the title has been won. This City team has every right to try to go out and smash a few records, and should!

I understand the records would be nice but surely developing players for the future is more important than that? Foden and Diaz need game time. They are far too talented to just sit on the bench and come on with 5 minutes left. They need full 90 minutes playing in this team to improve. I'd put their development ahead of getting 100 points.
This

I understand the records would be nice but surely developing players for the future is more important than that? Foden and Diaz need game time. They are far too talented to just sit on the bench and come on with 5 minutes left. They need full 90 minutes playing in this team to improve. I'd put their development ahead of getting 100 points.

Pep made it clear at the beginning of the season that this is not the season to play the youth, anyone got a quote?
Anyway he stood by what he said and next season will be totally different, he is a man of his word.

I think Toure will rightly captain the side in the final home game.

Laporte should play all the games to get used the system more for next season.

Mendy may be given a game or two.

Foden and Diaz get a game or so each.

Next week full strength though

Start the strongest side/best fit for the opposition in every game and go for records that will take some beating and make this a truly memorable Premiership season. If games are comfortably won at 3 or 4 nil with 20 minutes to go, then bring on the likes of Foden, Diaz and Nmecha - though I appreciate they won’t all be on the bench for the same games.

i think the players going to the world cup should be given a week off, they are not going to get a proper rest over the summer, so take this chance to give them a week in the sun relaxing. Not all at the same time rotate them. KDB, Ferna, Walker and Nico especially, they have played a lot of football this year. Sterling, Sane , Ederson, possibly. We do it right, they get some time off and others like Laporte, Foden, Diaz, Tosin, Bernardo get game time, and we still get the records.

Yaya has to play v Brighton for me to give him the send off he deserves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.