Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
TexasBlueMoon said:
Carlos, James and Zaba next please

I am sure I heard James Milner is going to be offered or that he has agreed a 3 year extension already

Zaba is a no-brainer... the man loves City and the direction we are going he would happily sign an extension...

I have a funny feeling that with Pellegrini coming in Tevez will be persuaded to extend and play... I think Tevez will want to stay because of Pellegrini and the S. America connection (players want to play under this manager, he is that good), the 1 or 2 top players coming in and the fact that Kun has signed a 1 year extension may tip.

Carlos seems to enjoying the US Tour a lot and you could see with Mancini gone and a 'fresh start', how he played in that Chelsea friendly in St. Louis... brilliant.

Aguero did say that he wants to keep playing with players like Tevez and his extension might be a signal that Carlos will also extend...

Great news! I'm so happy at that, good on you Sergio, and good work by the club!

Rammy Blue said:
I wonder what the logic of a 1 year extension is?
2 reasons.

1st is it affects the amortisation (sp) payments on his transfer, in our favour.

2nd, I'd imagine it's one of the Barca boys contracts, with a lower basic wage and higher bonus.

I must say, i was a little confused when reading his quotes in the OP that he has 4 years left on his contract. I was thinking errr... no you don't, Sergio. Now it all becomes clear!

Smithy34 said:
fantastic news. I also hope that within that 1 year extension is a very hefty buy-out clause as it is time we got savvy like that ; )
A buy out clause doesn't change anything though really. If he eventually wants to go back to Spain, which i'm sure he will, then the deal will get done. It's not often you actually have to meet the buyout clause fee. Deals usually get done below that figure. I'd rather have no clause at all, then there is no offer which we are contractually obligated to accept. But that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.