Aguero contract situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aguero to stay

Should have the team built around him being the main forward, absolutely no question in my mind. Cavani can go to Real Madrid and we'll be back here next summer wondering why on earth we were trying to buy him.

Proper pre-season and some serious attention from the medical team to stop the recurring injuries and he'll break his first season record next season easily. Going for 38 goals. Can anyone not remember how good he looked in pre-season last year? Some of his goals would make Messi proud, then he got injured in his first game and that was that.

Chippy_boy said:
Joehannes said:
He needs the confidence. First half of last season, his finishing was excellent but tailed off towards the end and obviously, it's been way off this season.

Fewer disruptions and a bit more confidence and he could feasibly score 35+ goals next year. Maybe more.

When you think how many chances he creates, it's amazing he doesn't score more. With a bit more composure and sharpness in front of goal, I would say 35 a season would be a stroll for Aguero.

with 5 cups a week to win he'll need to be bang on target

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2013/May/Aguero-signs-new-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... s-new-deal</a>

Sergio Aguero has underlined his commitment to Manchester City with a one-year extension to his contract, which now runs until 2017, the Club can confirm.
Club record signing Aguero joined City from Atletico Madrid in 2011 and wrote his name into the Blues’ history books by scoring the winning goal against QPR that sealed the 2011/12 Premier League title.

The 24-year-old has become a crowd idol during his first two seasons at the Etihad Stadium and has scored 47 goals from just 69 starts for City.

Speaking recently, Sergio said: “I'm very happy at City and I feel very appreciated. It's been barely two years since I've arrived and sometimes I feel like I've been here for all my life.

“I have a fantastic relationship with the fans, and that always reminds me of our title and that goal against QPR. I can never forget that moment.

“Now I am looking forward to next season and pushing hard to win the title again.”

News of Aguero’s contract extension follows recent new deals for the likes of Gael Clichy, Yaya Toure and David Silva and provides another big boost ahead of the summer’s preparations for the 2013/14 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.