Aguero injures hamstring on international duty

I was slated for saying we needed another striker and the end of August after winning 4 with multiple scorers. It was obvious we are well lacking in depth up front.
Why, we still have 2 fit strikers currently & only play 1 in our formation? Unless you're saying Bony isn't a good enough back up, in which case who is? You're not getting a player near Aguero's level to sit on our bench that's for sure. Sure we could have a 4th striker to push Kelechi into the reserves, but does that help us?

Well without Aguero and Silva I'm not quite looking forward to Sevilla, unless there's a chance of them being fit?

Why, we still have 2 fit strikers currently & only play 1 in our formation? Unless you're saying Bony isn't a good enough back up, in which case who is? You're not getting a player near Aguero's level to sit on our bench that's for sure. Sure we could have a 4th striker to push Kelechi into the reserves, but does that help us?

If we had someone good enough to lead the line Serg can play behind them in the 4 2 3 1 like he and Tevez used to. We had 4 decent stikers in 2011/12 and only 2 strikers now good enough for the CL squad.

Back to last season soon with Milner up front, should have learnt.

grade 2 tear according to sky. 8 weeks.

to be fair, it may aswell be longer as our serg does not bounce back and fall back into form like others.

not gonna see any kind of class from him til jan.

can see this being a season with less than 20 goals for him if this is true.

Sergio said hed out for 'about a month'......just in time for Argentina's games against Brazil and Colombia!!

Fcking great

If we had someone good enough to lead the line Serg can play behind them in the 4 2 3 1 like he and Tevez used to. We had 4 decent stikers in 2011/12 and only 2 strikers now good enough for the CL squad.

Back to last season soon with Milner up front, should have learnt.
So you wouldn't have our best player in his best position? (Silva) We do fine with 1 striker on the pitch (in fact better than with 2 strikers) & playing everyone in their natural positions rather than square pegs in round holes.

We were unlucky last season in that somehow all our strikers got injured at the same time - would be very unfortunate if that happens again. Though I suppose judging by our luck this season I'm not sure it would surprise many... Personally think we're fine with 3 strikers if we only play 1, only argument could be that having 1 of them being a youth player isn't ideal, but then you'll bring up the old argument of when are we going to give youth a chance.

Silva is also injured, the 3 behind the one can interchange apart from when defending really.

Yaya up front for the derby?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.