Aguero or Suarez

In the tunnel cam vid, Aguero spoke to Suarez after the game. Didnt look that all sour in defeat. I think its realistic that he wont turn down an offer. but like van persie when he was in arsenal, he's a talented player that I wont want to have in City no matter how good they are

If he cuts the theatrics he'd be a decent Aguero alternative. The dives are his worst attributes.

Aguero seems to have more explosion to his play while Suarez dictates the run of play.

Blue Mooner said:
Illok said:
Carver said:
Quite happy with Aguero.

Liverpool fans must wonder when the next incident involving Suarez is going to happen, the same as we were always wondering with Tevez and Sir Joseph of Barton.

Not really, too busy enjoying some of the best individual performances I've ever witnessed on an almost weekly basis to be worrying about things like that.

He's a lot calmer, a lot less frustrated this season. Basically looks happier playing football. It might be naive of me to think so but I don't think we'll see a repeat episode of his past indiscretions.

If you put all the perspective lacking sanctimonious nonsense aside that's been heavily demonstrated in this thread, it's a pretty tough call. Suarez is clearly the better player at the moment (can't imagine how some of you think Aguero is more complete, Suarez scores with both feet, his head and free kicks, works harder than anyone and is getting regular assists) but saying that, Aguero has been a huge player for you lot over the last few years and is undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the world.

I'd not swap Suarez for anyone purely due to sheer entertainment if nothing else. Aguero is a great player though, no 'but' needed for me to appreciate his ability on here.

See bold, you could have been describing Aguero here.....

I refer to my earlier posts, Aguero has simply scored more goals against better teams at critical times and for a longer period. Suarez has only scored once in the Champions league.

That's not to decry the outstanding form he is in currently but I would rather have super Sergio. Happy to let the media promote Suarez however as it's more likely that he will be the one bought by Real Madrid.

Absolutely. Aguero is a very well rounded player, but not more so than Suarez. People on here claiming he's more well rounded and a better team player based on absolutely nothing really. That isn't a knock on Sergio either.

This season Suarez has looked for the pass even if he's got a chance to score himself, something he wasn't doing a year or two ago. But then again, would you want to pass it to Downing or Carroll? He's also always helping the youngsters on the field, particularly Sterling. Always offering advice and guidance. He's really not quite the character some think he is tbh...

Aguero has generally played at a higher level than Suarez in better sides if I'm being honest. Suarez does perform in the big games though, I'm unsure where this criticism is coming from. He destroyed united a few years back at Anfield, he has had some great games at the emirates, he was excellent yesterday (created 4, from what I remember, absolute sitters) and he's had great games at Everton. And Tottenham. And Chelsea (one particular game he humiliated Terry). And Zenit when we were dead and buried. And for Uruguay in the WC/Copa America.

You don't have to knock one player to praise another. They're both top class, obviously I think Suarez is better and you lot would rather have Aguero, that's understandable and fair comment. I was glad Aguero wasn't available yesterday, I suspect we'd have been in for an even tougher game had he been playing.

After seeing Suarez first hand on Thursday , my first choice would always be Aguero . The way Suarez cheated , dived etc etc , perhaps I am being naïve . But Aguero always first for me , much nicer person , sorry that matters to me !

Dax777 said:
Armaan said:
Blue tinted specs off Suarez is on another level.
Suarez is better. But I prefer Aguero.
I was honestly surprised at how good Suarez was against City the other night. He created havoc for the centre backs. He's actually a different sort of player to Aguero and they would probably form a very good partnership.

@Illok

Certain actions say he is not a total team player, he is impulsive and hot headed.
Not attributes that lend themselves easily to what would be considered a team player.
I am not saying he is totally selfish either, but that strike from an impossible angle where he should have passed seemed selfish.
His suspensions for violent conduct also stand out, his dives are in the best interest for liverpool though as he is aiming to get an advantage.

Not slamming your view just noting the opinion he is not a team player could be argued with merit.

Of Suarez's 19 league goals to date, 16 have come against the bottom 7 teams and only 3 goals have been against the top 13 teams and two of those goals he scored against Tottenham. Here concludes the Suarez/Aguero thread.

TCIB said:
his dives are in the best interest for liverpool though as he is aiming to get an advantage.

I'm not sure if the dramatic way he goes down (or up or sideways actually discourages refs from giving free).

Two against Lescott, one inside the box and one just outside were both fouls but you look at the way he went down (or up or sideways) you could only presume a dive. I'm sure refs must think similar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.