Aguero or Suarez

As City fans we'd all chose Aguero, and obviously for more reasons than just his footballing ability (Do you think we could use Suarez as the face of the revolution? Not likely). That said there's no shame in admitting Suarez is playing better football right now. He's in that sort of form where he doesn't look like he has any weaknesses, and everything he tries is coming off. We won't own all the best players all the time, it's OK to recognise someone else playing better.

People forget as well that for a time Aguero only really scored at home. This season he's not just scoring away but against all opposition, he's definitely no flat track bully. There's no reason Suarez can't add that to his game.

If heaven forbid Aguero ended up leaving we could do a lot worse than Suarez.

Illok said:
Carver said:
Quite happy with Aguero.

Liverpool fans must wonder when the next incident involving Suarez is going to happen, the same as we were always wondering with Tevez and Sir Joseph of Barton.

Not really, too busy enjoying some of the best individual performances I've ever witnessed on an almost weekly basis to be worrying about things like that.

He's a lot calmer, a lot less frustrated this season. Basically looks happier playing football. It might be naive of me to think so but I don't think we'll see a repeat episode of his past indiscretions.

If you put all the perspective lacking sanctimonious nonsense aside that's been heavily demonstrated in this thread, it's a pretty tough call. Suarez is clearly the better player at the moment (can't imagine how some of you think Aguero is more complete, Suarez scores with both feet, his head and free kicks, works harder than anyone and is getting regular assists) but saying that, Aguero has been a huge player for you lot over the last few years and is undoubtedly one of the best strikers in the world.

I'd not swap Suarez for anyone purely due to sheer entertainment if nothing else. Aguero is a great player though, no 'but' needed for me to appreciate his ability on here.

Same answer to this as BlueMooner, except Aguero doesn't get the opportunity to take free kicks, only penalties. He's in a line after Yaya Toure, Kolarov & Negredo. Previous to Negredo he also had Tevez and Balotelli to contend with for free kicks and penalties. He's in a scrap with Silva, Nasri and Milner as 4th fk taker, though they tend to take the indirect free kicks, not the direct ones.

I don't believe there's a single fan of each club who would be happy with a straight swap, me included, which says a great deal about football fans.

That said, Liverpool fans have astonishingly short memories. At least when Tevez returned to the fold, our support was ambivalent about it. Among Liverpool supporters the events of last season and the summer (as well as those comical "Team Suarez" t-shirts) seem to have never happened. It's like there's some form of collective Doublethink among Liverpool fans about the fact that he asked to leave the club six or so months ago, something I don't believe Sergio would ever do, certainly not in that public and disrespectful manner.

Suarez is a sublime talent and probably marginally the better player, certainly at the moment, but I smile when I see Sergio play for us in a way I never could or would if Suarez was in a City shirt. He's woven into the fabric of our club and whatever he does with the rest of his career he'll always be a hero at City. There is a bond of mutual respect between Aguero and the City fans that has been there from his first appearance, which not even the most blinkered Liverpool fan could claim has always been present in their relationship with Suarez.

I'm proud Sergio is a City player, not just because of his ability, but because he almost always conducts himself properly on the pitch, always tries to stay on his feet, only has positive things to say about the city, the club and its supporters and seems to be very highly thought of by those at the club - he is a model professional - if you compare that to a man who has committed acts of racism and common assault (allied to frequent incidents of cheating) on a football field in the last two years, you have the answer to the question posed in the OP as far as I'm concerned.

Sergio is one of us, and Suarez is one of them - and that's an arrangement which I'm perfectly happy to continue.

True_Blue69 said:
If Suarez played for us I guarantee everyone who has said Aguero is the better player would be saying Suarez. Not saying I think he is, but it's hard getting an impartial view from a fan talking about one of his own. Pretty much every 'neutral' agrees Suarez is arguably the most in form player in the world at this moment, unfortunately for us Sergio is injured (again) so can't be be considered.

He's been the best player over the last month. I tend to take a longer term view than that when answering a question like "who is the best player".

FWIW I doubt any of us would swap Aguero for Suarez, I doubt any of them would swap Suarez for Aguero.

But personally I wouldnt want Suarez at the club even if he was clearly better than Kun.

Both are great players but I detest Suarez to the sort of level usually reserved for players like Rooney or Ronaldo. I don't care how good he is, I'd never like to see him in a city shirt. He's well suited to Liverpool, as Rooney is to united.

Barker said:
Blue Note said:
Suarez shows again he doesn't cut it in the big games
I thought he played quite well today. We obviously set out to keep him quiet, but he still showed glimpses of his quality.

The guy looked razor sharp at times and was a clear threat every time he touched it. He was not involved enough as Liverpool, particularly second half, were unable turn us so Suarez played a lot of the game with his back to goal. Still no doubting his quality.

If all the top clubs around the world were given a choice of taking either Aguero or Suarez every single one of them would take Aguero.

There is no doubting that Suarez is a quality player and that he is in very fine form, but Sergio is simply sublime.

AucklandBlue said:
If all the top clubs around the world were given a choice of taking either Aguero or Suarez every single one of them would take Aguero.

There is no doubting that Suarez is a quality player and that he is in very fine form, but Sergio is simply sublime.
I think attitude has to come into the equation too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.