Aguero or tevez?

ANY1aBLUE said:
Akira said:
Aguero. Less complete than Tevez but a much more committed player.

You can level a lot of things at Tevez - but not lack of commitment...............
Well, what I meant was, with Tevez, he's a time bomb. You never know when he might leave. Whereas Aguero wants to stay here long time and would be a better bet for investment.

eddiemarin09 said:
I don't know why people are saying tevez is a better player? There 2 different types of forwards..tevez is more center forward and aguero drifts out to the right with more speed and quicker feet..better at one on one and as at least as clinical as tevez if not more..I go with aguero...plus Sergio can work with a partner up front tevez isn't as compatible with other players ..he would rather play on his own up front which is the main reason why we had the least amount of headed goals in the league when he was on his own..we were no threat from crosses

Aguero is better than Tevez at one on ones?
I'm fucking done

LoveCity said:
Money doesn't always talk, especially when you have no need to sell. Every top club has some "unsellable" players (within reason... you aren't going to turn down £150million for Aguero but no one is going to bid £150million for Aguero), members of the backbone who are so important that selling them would do more damage than good. For us that backbone is Hart, Kompany, Yaya, Silva, Aguero.

Selling Mario (done), Dzeko (likely), and the aging Tevez (possibly) would allow us to buy one of the best strikers in the world to partner Aguero, who hasn't even entered his prime yet and is very happy here no matter how many times the newspapers regurgitate ancient quotes from him.

Tevez will significantly deteriorate as a footballer soon, he isn't a Drogba style striker who will be great when he's 33. He is already far easier to cope with than he was a couple of seasons back. So the OPs question is a very easy one to answer really.

I disagree that Aguero is part of the backbone.
Unless a team is built around a striker, or the striker is Messi, just about any striker in the world is inter-changeable with a similar striker.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Akira said:

You can level a lot of things at Tevez - but not lack of commitment...............
Well said - Carlos always gives 100%<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:43 am --<br /><br />
Akira said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Akira said:

Well, what I meant was, with Tevez, he's a time bomb. You never know when he might leave. Whereas Aguero wants to stay here long time and would be a better bet for investment.
What without his wife and son?

Clear and focused mind

Tevez is one of the iconic players for city in recent years and is our greatest goal scorer in the history of the premier leagiue. He has also carried the team at certain times in the past. His workrate, bull dog mentality, incredible physical strength, balance and mental fortititude is actually difficult to match by any player in the league, not considering the fact that technically, he is still one of the best players around and the second best player at city after yaya toure but it is very close.

However, I am still cynical and have misgivings about the intent and incentives that drives his performances at city. I hold the opinion that he plays for himself and his reputation and does not have any real affection or love for city. I know you would say, that does not matter right? as long as his scoring goals but I believe players with clearer and more focused hearts and minds in terms of thier feelings about the club are more likely to perform in big and important moments as they have the pure and honest drive and desire to help the club.

This may be deemed as completely harsh and unfair to tevez but that is the reality. His conflicted emotions have restrained and prevented him from performing when it really matters and hes ended up being substituted and this usually benefits the team and improves the situation.

But, Tevez as Ive said is still the best striker we have and we need his performances and goals but if i have to rely on or look up to a player at crucial and important moments, then Ill always go for the player with a clear and focused mind- aguero.

And lets face it, aguero is pretty decent as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.