Aguero out for 2 weeks

Get a grip guys. We have enough to see off Sunderland by a good margin tomorrow. TBH Kun could maybe do with a rest. He's shouldered a lot of the work up front this season.

Tevez may well be fully match fit for Arsenal and maybe a change up front is what's needed right now. We may have to settle for a point at the Emirates which will be OK IMO as I reckon the Rags will drop points at Blackburn. A fully fit Tevez will no doubt put in just as much work as Sergio.

Sounds like Sergio will be back in time for West Brom at worst, maybe even ready for Arsenal as it's still 9 days away. Vinnie is fit again and Lescott is almost ready. Kolo has done all right in their absence and YaYa is back with all guns blazing. Why the doom & gloom ?

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
Get a grip guys. We have enough to see off Sunderland by a good margin tomorrow. TBH Kun could maybe do with a rest. He's shouldered a lot of the work up front this season.

Tevez may well be fully match fit for Arsenal and maybe a change up front is what's needed right now. We may have to settle for a point at the Emirates which will be OK IMO as I reckon the Rags will drop points at Blackburn. A fully fit Tevez will no doubt put in just as much work as Sergio.

Sounds like Sergio will be back in time for West Brom at worst, maybe even ready for Arsenal as it's still 9 days away. Vinnie is fit again and Lescott is almost ready. Kolo has done all right in their absence and YaYa is back with all guns blazing. Why the doom & gloom ?

It's not so much Sunderland as Arsenal that I'm concerned about. We've more than enough strength in our side to beat Sudnerland even without Aguero, no disrespect to them. Arsenal however, even with our full strength side available to us, will be an extremely tough ask. From what Mancini was saying it doesn't look promosing for Aguero to be fit by next weekend, which will be a huge blow if true. Balotelli and Dzeko have looked toothless and poor of late, and I don't hold your confidence that Tevez will be 100% match fit. I think we may well be forced into starting him at The Emirates and hoping, after 70 minutes or so, he'll have done enough.

Rags + Howard Webb won't drop points at Blackburn

Matty said:

It's not so much Sunderland as Arsenal that I'm concerned about. We've more than enough strength in our side to beat Sudnerland even without Aguero, no disrespect to them. Arsenal however, even with our full strength side available to us, will be an extremely tough ask. From what Mancini was saying it doesn't look promosing for Aguero to be fit by next weekend, which will be a huge blow if true. Balotelli and Dzeko have looked toothless and poor of late, and I don't hold your confidence that Tevez will be 100% match fit. I think we may well be forced into starting him at The Emirates and hoping, after 70 minutes or so, he'll have done enough.

I agree with everything you say. Arsenal will indeed be tough which is why I said that we may have to settle for a point. Even with Aguero it would be a hard match. On the other hand I'm not at all confident that Tevez will be fully fit - I said he 'may well be'. I think you are right that we may only get 70 mins out of him. Even that may be a better bet at the moment than Dzeko or Mario for the reasons you state.

Eric Wirral said:

Rags + Howard Webb won't drop points at Blackburn

It's a matter of opinion. I've felt for a couple of weeks now that Blackburn will get something from the game, even with Webb in charge. One or two Rags I know aren't confident as they see Ewood as a bit of a bogey ground. Plus Blackburn have been doing OK recently and they're scrapping for their lives. Rags of 5 years ago would have rolled them over but not this lot. They're not that good and the more sensible Rag supporters know it.

You never know. Tevez might be the one to score the winner at Arsenal for us.

This may be a mini good thing now that I think about it. Hear me out folks - Dzeko, Mario and Tevez might see this as an opportunity to shine and may put 200% work rate in to winning the next games without Aguero...

I'm trying to be overly optimistic here aren't I?

We are not a one man team and we have more than enough to win this game.

Sunderland have bigger injury concerns.

Brown, Oshea, Richardson, Cattermole, Bramble, Bridge (Ineligible.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.