Aguero plays 90 mins ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
the times i have heard Pundits say "If Aguero stays fit , City walk / win the League"

he has been here 5 years we , have won 2 titles ( which he played a major part in of course). But had he taken precautions , which he admits he didn't really take care - that title tally would have been higher. I know there are other important players , but a role a striker plays can't be denied. RVP for the rags single handedly won it for them .

the times i have heard Pundits say "If Aguero stays fit , City walk / win the League"

he has been here 5 years we , have won 2 titles ( which he played a major part in of course). But had he taken precautions , which he admits he didn't really take care - that title tally would have been higher. I know there are other important players , but a role a striker plays can't be denied. RVP for the rags single handedly won it for them .

Not necessarily him alone though. Dzeko arguably played a more important role in the 2nd title win.

We have taken a risk with strikers this season so hopefully he does stay fit. Saying that I always think we play well when Kelechi plays

kelechis goals to mins ratio is helped by the fact that he appears a s sub a lot - this will decrease as time goes by....its a stat that is misleading (unless you are saying that Kelechi is a better striker than those he has a better goals to minute ratio than cause i know in a heart beat who I would rather have)....like i said i think he is a great player but he is not in the same league as the likes of Aguero at present.

Like i said in reply to someone else, I don't expect a striker to come in and just sit on the bench, I expect a striker to come in and rotate....a squad game..its not about the starting 11 or even the starting 11 plus subs....it hasn't been like this for years now. We also have to start to look to the future without Kun. Thats why we have gone for Jesus Im guessing so some people at cthe club definitely aren't pinning all their hopes on Kelechi which I think is a very wise thing to do.

I know its the perfect situation with Kelechi being happy at present and Im not disagreeing with that...

Im not even saying we need world class back up (never had said that) what `I'm saying is that we need more than Kelechi. Do i know who that is...no i don't. Bony was a very poor choice as Im not sure who thought he would fit into our way of playing (whether that was sellers or Txixi or someone else but they couldn't have got it more wrong if they had tried)There are people at the club paid a lot of money for that very job and who would know however.

Barca don't need a world class striker as they have a world class squad.......we don't...we have a few world class players but their is a considerable drop off in class after than which some of the other teams you have mentioned don't have.

The fact that we have gone out and bought Gabriel Jesus tells me that the people who run the club know we need another attacking option.....so Im guessing you are calling them mad

My main argument is with people who think Kelechi guarantees anything (as much as any player even Kun/Messi/Sanchez etc can guarantee anything)

Their is a huge growing arrogance on this board with some peoples posts. I don't usually resort to comments like this but it needs to be said.

I guess time will tell and I hope I am proved wrong and that we don't miss Kun at all and kelechi and others help carry us to beating Everton Barca and whoever else we have over the next few weeks while/if Kun is out for a few games. It won't be the first time it happens this season with Aguero either unless we are very lucky....maybe cause he has to play so much|
• In Agueros absence from his ban Kelechi started two league games, got 2 goals 2 assists. What proof do you have that his stats will worsen with more starts? I don't doubt he'll be unable to keep the ratio's he has managed so far, but he's hardly a flash in the pan, he's been keeping these stats for a significant period of time for two separate teams, that's more than enough evidence to show this guy will score goals.

• You expect a striker to come in & rotate, but don't expect them to be world class, so you're expecting a "decent" striker to be good enough to start games for a club aiming to win the CL? As I've already mentioned, feel free to show me how often Lewandowski, Suarez, Aubameyang, Benzema, Griezzman, Ibrahimovic, Costa, Kane are rotated for their respective teams outside of League Cup & barring injuries.

• Gabriel Jesus has already stated he expects to play as a winger for City, not a striker, so this nullifies your point on his purchase. But if anything this weakens your argument; another player who can play striker, giving us a minimum of 3, and others (Sterling, perhaps Sane) who can play that role if push came to shove - so why do we need another?

• I don't see anyone claiming Kelechi guarantees anything, people are simply pointing out he's easily good enough to be our back up striker; I'd love to hear your suggestions of whom you consider better than him, but not world class - this precious middle ground you seem to hint at without actually giving any examples.

• You mention arrogance, yet think City as a club can hold two top tier strikers & keep them happy - something no other top club does. Sounds arrogant to me.

• In Agueros absence from his ban Kelechi started two league games, got 2 goals 2 assists. What proof do you have that his stats will worsen with more starts? I don't doubt he'll be unable to keep the ratio's he has managed so far, but he's hardly a flash in the pan, he's been keeping these stats for a significant period of time for two separate teams, that's more than enough evidence to show this guy will score goals.

• You expect a striker to come in & rotate, but don't expect them to be world class, so you're expecting a "decent" striker to be good enough to start games for a club aiming to win the CL? As I've already mentioned, feel free to show me how often Lewandowski, Suarez, Aubameyang, Benzema, Griezzman, Ibrahimovic, Costa, Kane are rotated for their respective teams outside of League Cup & barring injuries.

• Gabriel Jesus has already stated he expects to play as a winger for City, not a striker, so this nullifies your point on his purchase. But if anything this weakens your argument; another player who can play striker, giving us a minimum of 3, and others (Sterling, perhaps Sane) who can play that role if push came to shove - so why do we need another?

• I don't see anyone claiming Kelechi guarantees anything, people are simply pointing out he's easily good enough to be our back up striker; I'd love to hear your suggestions of whom you consider better than him, but not world class - this precious middle ground you seem to hint at without actually giving any examples.

• You mention arrogance, yet think City as a club can hold two top tier strikers & keep them happy - something no other top club does. Sounds arrogant to me.
I would imagine Jesus will take nolito place but he's in good form so who knows.

Was watching the Paraguay v Colombia game on Saturday and said to my wife "I fear for Sergio next week the way those dickheads were kicking shit out of one another"

The goal ratio may go down, I'd expect it to. Kelechi will always be a goal threat when he's on the pitch though, cool as a cucumber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.